Chapter Three: Undeniable Screw-Up

After getting the maid dress on, I started thinking over the situation. 'Okay so I'm stuck in 1888 and I'm in the middle of London. Great. I'm in a shop called the Undertakers. And I have nowhere to go' I sigh in frustration at the hopelessness of my situation. 

I quickly clear the air of my thoughts as I make my way back to the Undertaker. Once I see him, my nerves increase tenfold as I try to come up with an excuse off the top of my head to explain my current situation. 'Jesus Y/n don't screw this up, remember how people in this time talk, who knows what could happen if you slip up.'

"Hehehe you've seemed to of cleaned up nice~" His voice rose an octave by the end of his sentence. I look towards him as I answer nervously.

"Thank you, sir. Uhh, I truly appreciate yo-"

"No need, milady. I am however simply curious how you got that type of grime on your dress, yes you did." He interrupted me abruptly, rushing out his words in an exciting sort of way. 

"You see, it's quite a funny story," I giggled anxiously, "It's a long tale that you would no doubt have a hard time believing. Uhm I-" I stared at him and felt unnerved by his smile and had a hard time finding any excuse besides what actually happened.

"I got shot!" I burst out, he looked slightly shocked by my outburst but quickly concealed it. 

"Where's the wound?" He suddenly got very close to my face, his smile dimming for just a second as he looked me over.

"Like I said you wouldn't believe me. I have no wound left, but I woke up in the streets of London, and honestly, I have no idea how I got here.  Honestly, this day couldn't get any worse one day I'm going to a historical ball and the next I actually end up in the historical time it was modeled after. I just want to go home and watch..." My voice trails off as I realize what I just said, I look up and he's still close but not as close as he was. The smile was back on his face and brighter than ever.

"Watch what?" He boyishly giggles.

"Netflix," I say without confidence. 'Great you just had to screw up immediately.' I mentally made a note to hit my head against the nearest wall before I inevitably dug my own grave.