s i x

The Wise Old Elf Pov 𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

I had just finished my work for the day in my wooden office and was now heading back to my room. I sat down on my snug chair and took out a book and sipped my tea. There was nothing better than this, and I could finally relax and enjoy myself. This phenomenon didn't last long though.

My room door slammed open and there stood my greatest nightmare. One that kept on replaying in my head every-time I would try to go to sleep, the images spread tingles on my skin and kept me awake at night. I regathered my senses and soon heard something that sounded like a mad monkey.

"HOW DARE YOU!" shouted Nanny Plum at the top of her tiny lungs.

Ah, of course. This was about National Wand Day. Little did Nanny Plum know how much of my sanity had been put on the line before I decided it was best not to show up.

5 hours earlier

I am pacing around my room while breaking out into a sweat. Of course I had deeply took into consideration the fair points Nanny Plum had made about myself and the elves attending the festival. I really wanted to go. Just to see her pretty little face light up in delight when she found out her death threats worked.

Or maybe I just wanted her to notice me, spend time with me, feel happy around me. But this was all useless dreaming, there was no point in the elves raising suspicions about my feelings about Nanny Plum.

The things I would do for that women are just not explainable. Betraying my elves though, that's too much.

I sigh and sit down. Why did I feel like me not attending will make our relationship go three steps backwards, when we may have never even gone one step forward?