10

Harry

"This is fucking bullshit!"

"How can you release him just like that? He had three more years left of his sentence and you just let him go!" I shouted and the officer just crossed his hands and leaned forward over the desk.

"Mr. and Mrs. Styles, I understand your frustration. However, we got a call from the board to release Patrick Miller this morning and that's all we know."

"This is unacceptable."

"Listen, you have a restraining order against him, correct? Now if violates that, then we'd be able to take action," He told me and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"So you want me to wait until he comes to hurt my wife again before you can do something?" I snapped and the officer just stared at me expectantly.

"Harry," Amanda whispered, taking me by the hand. "Let's just go. They're not going to do anything."

I looked back at her and could tell she didn't really want to talk about it anymore and I didn't want to upset her further, so we left.

We made our way out to the building and back to the car when Amanda finally let out a heavy sigh. She had been quiet the entire time we were in there, and I could feel how nervous she was.

"If he comes near you I'll kill him," I said out loud and she just sighed again.

"I just don't understand why this happened..." she mumbled and turned to look out of the window, when something hit me.

James.

He's powerful enough, and has enough connections that I wouldn't put it past him to make something like this happen.

Now this felt like a message. It felt like he was trying to show me that he was still in control.

But he's not. Not anymore.

-
Amanda

"Red is definitely your color."

"I second that," Charlie piped up from beside Nadine on the chair.

"You don't think it's too much?" I asked, turning around to look at the dress from the back in the dressing room mirror.

"I think it's just enough." Nadine grinned, standing up and fixing my hair so that it fell over my shoulders. "You're going to blow everyone away if you wear that."

Every year Josie's dance studio hosted a themed fundraiser for all the adults in the city to attend. This year's theme was a masquerade ball, so Charlie, Nadine, and I were searching for dresses to wear for the event.

I decided I was going to get the dress and started to put back on my clothes. When we exited the dressing room, I was shocked to see Serena standing at the opposite end of the store. She was browsing through the racks of clothes, oblivious to me.

It made sense that she was here. We used to come shopping here all the time.

To my surprise I felt my throat started to close up with tears.

"Hey," Charlie whispered from behind me. "Are you okay?"

"Um yeah," I coughed, turning away from Serena. "I just... saw someone I know." And I could tell she knew exactly what I was talking about since she and Nadine were already aware about the whole situation with Serena.

"I get it, you know." She whispered, "It hurts when you lose a best friend. But it'll get easier, I promise. Especially when you have people to help you through it." She assured, giving my hand a comforting squeeze .

"Thanks, Charlie."

-

When I got back home, Harry was in the living room painting the walls while Josie and Max watched him intently.

"Mommy!" Max squealed jumping up and running over to meet me by the door.

"Hi, sweetheart." I cooed, picking him up and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Are you helping daddy paint?" I asked, and he nodded.

The house was finally starting to come together. The rest of our furniture had arrived and we only had to finish painting a few more rooms.

The very first thing Harry did when we moved in was install a new security system. He'd spent hours researching and calling around to find the best one. Having it in place definitely put my mind at ease and I already felt safer being here.

I put Max down and made my way over to Harry whose shirt was off and his jeans were already covered with splotches of paint but he looked so cute standing there.

"You look sexy covered in paint," I joked, walking up to him.

"You like it?" He smirked opening his arms and he pulled me into him. "I think you'd look sexy with some too."

"Harry, no!" I warned and started to back away from him as he laughed, paint brush in hand.

"Don't you think mommy would look nice if she had a little paint on her?" Harry asked turning to the kids and they squealed in agreement.

"Stay away," I cautioned, but he was already reaching for me. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to him as I felt the the wet paint brush on my cheek.

"You are a work of art, my love." Harry laughed, holding my face with both his hands. "Isn't your mother a work of art?" He exclaimed, as Josie and Max giggled at the two of us.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you back." I joked, as he leaned down to kiss me.

"I can't wait." He chuckled and kissed me hard, his hands cupping my face.

"Mommy and daddy are kissing, that's what grown ups do," Josie whispered to Max and Harry and I erupted into more laughter.

-

On a roll, sorry!