5

Harry

Tonight was our date night.

Every week we tried to do something just the two of us, while Kevin and Erica watched the kids.

This time it was Amanda's turn to pick where we went and she chose the fair.

"I actually don't think I've been to the fair since I was in middle school." She breathed as we walked in. "When I was younger I wanted to be dramatically kissed on the Ferris wheel like in all the movies." She explained and I chuckled.

"Well... there's still time." I told her and she looked up at me with her big blue eyes and smiled.

Sometimes it scared me how much I loved Amanda.
It was new to me to have this overwhelming feeling and to know that I would do absolutely anything for her. I had never felt this way with Jordan, not even when we first started dating.

"You know I've never won one of these before." She said, pointing to one of the games where you had to knock down the tower of cups.

"Well kitten, it looks like today's your lucky day." I smirked, stepping up to the table dramatically as she laughed.

"You got it babe." She cheered as I took the ball and prepped. It only took me one try to knock it down, and the woman behind the counter handed me the prize.

"For you my love." I chimed, handing Amanda the giant teddy bear and she continued to laugh.

"You know this is going to be Josie's right?"

"Oh I know, she'll probably have a name for it tomorrow-"

"Amanda?" A voice spoke up from behind us and we turned around to come face to face with a guy I'd never seen before.

"Oh, hi, Tom." Amanda said, giving the person a smile and clearly recognizing him. "What're you doing here?"

"I was meeting with a friend but they never showed." He answered, and then looked up at me.

"Harry, this is my new co-worker Tom." She spoke introducing us and he leaned forward to shake my hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said as I shook his hand.

"We were just about to get some food, did you want to join us?" Amanda asked, and I tried to stifle a groan.

"I'd love to."

One of her best qualities was being so nice, which I happened to love except for in this moment. Something about this Tom guy just made me uncomfortable...

So we walked over to area with the food stands and Amanda stepped up to order.

"Um, can I get two funnel cakes, a lemonade and a water?" Amanda asked the man behind the counter, standing on her toes to reach the window.

I looked over at Tom who I was surprised to see was staring at her too.

Was he staring at her ass?

Amanda quickly turned around before I could process anything and she handed me her phone.

"It's going to be a few minutes, so I'm gonna go use the bathroom, I'll be right back." She said, and then made her way over in the direction of the restrooms.

We both watched her leave and I already knew we were thinking the same thing.

It was awkward as hell.

"So..." He started, pushing his hands into his pockets. "Amanda tells me you guys have been married for 2 years."

"Yeah...  are you married, Tom?" I asked, but I already had an inclination of what the answer would be.

"No no no," He laughed. "I think I'm done looking, it seems like all of the good ones are taken." He spoke looking me in my eyes.

What the fuck was that supposed to mean?

"Well you should keep looking." I said firmly, but he just seemed to brush right past my comment.

"What do you do for a living?" He questioned.

"I'm a pediatrician." I spoke bluntly, praying for Amanda to come back before I said or did something I'd regret.

"That seems like a demanding job. Amanda must get really lonely..." He trailed off, cocking his head to the side.

"What the fuck does that mean?" I asked angrily, stepping up to him but he just shrugged.

"Just that it seems like she could use a friend." He replied, the corners of his mouth turning up in a smirk and it took everything I had not to slap it off of him.

Before I could do anything else, Amanda walked back up to us smiling.

"What're you guys talking about?" She asked, looking between the two of us, and I wrapped my arm around her waist protectively.

"Tom was just leaving actually." I told her, looking back at him as I tried to keep calm.

"Um, yeah. I have to go." He coughed, clearly surprised. "I'll see you at the office Monday."

"Bye Tom." She waved as he walked away and I couldn't help but feel relieved after. We retrieved our food and went to take a seat at a picnic table, when I let out a breath.

"I don't like that guy."

"Tom? He's so sweet." She stated, taking a sip of her lemonade.

"Amanda, the guy clearly likes you." I sighed, and she turned to me with a confused look on her face.

"Tom?" She breathed again. "Harry not every guy that talks to me is in love with me." She joked, but I was being completely serious.

"I asked the guy if he was married and he said that 'all the good ones were taken'," I explained to her. "Then he proceeded to say that you must be lonely when I'm at work, and it was weird."

"Okay, so he's a little weird. He's probably just awkward."

"No offense kitten, but as a guy I can tell when another guy likes a woman." I told her and she laughed. "I'm serious, it's just like how you can tell when another woman likes a guy and I can't."

"Okay, fine." She agreed, turning to look at me. "But even if he does, you have nothing to worry about." She grinned, kissing me on the lips.

But I was worried about about it...

-
I said unnecessary drama for a reason get ready

-Mel