~ chapter 15 ~

I turned away from the statues heading toward the direction of my cozy apartment. As each step grew closer to my apartment, I felt the migraine start to go away as life started to return.

It was normal now, everyone helping each other, dogs running around, children playing football. It was like all of those statues I had seen weren't really there.

Once again it was probably this new-found pregnancy.

I walked up to my apartment complex. It was located across the street from WestView Park. The park was full of majestic birds, chirping and squeaking. The sun was shining down on them brighting their path which each step or flight they took.

The garden, also in the park was full of exotic flowers, each a different color. It was almost like a rainbow, every color along with every shade of that color lined the garden. The garden always reminded me of the positivity that you can find in negativity.

Little kids played in the park, swinging on the swings, sliding down the slides, jumping up and down with excitement as their parents were watching them with such proud smiles. As I watched the kids playing I held my stomach. I wanted my child to be like that, playing in the park with his or her friends, with Jackson and I looking at our beautiful creation with such proud smiles.

I took one last look around the neighborhood, the children, the parents, the nature. Everything just flowed so nicely together. In that moment is when I truly saw the beauty of my neighborhood.

I walked into my apartment complex, checking for my mail in the rusty grey mailbox.

April Kepner
Apartment 24B

I took my key, unlocking it to see a large pile of mail. Sometimes I forget that I am barely in my apartment due to my job. I picked it up, locking it back.

As I waited for the elevator to take me to the second floor, I scanned through the mail. Most of it were advertisements, and magazines. Some bills were spread throughout the pile but one letter in particular caught my eye.

Libby Kepner
104-28 Washington Avenue
Shadyside, Ohio 43947

Libby Kepner, my sister. Why was she sending me something? We hadn't talked since I had moved to West View. It felt weird to get something from her but at the end of the day she was my sister.

I opened the letter, so carefully as with each tear my curiosity grew. I felt a square shaped object, I could tell it was a navy color. I pried it out of the envelope to see an invitation.

We are getting married!!
Libby Kepner and Cameron Micheal
8/02/2023
"The Barn"
Fourth Street, Middle Grave
Creek Rd, Moundsville, WV
26041
Feel free to bring a plus one

I reread the invitation a couple of times before I realized that my sister was getting married. I looked up to see the elevator ding, as I got in I tried to process it all.

My sister was getting married! I was so happy for Cameron and Libby, it all happened so quickly. As soon as I got into my apartment I heard a ring come from my phone. I looked down at it to see Libby was calling.

"Hey" I answered

"Hi April, how are you"

"I am great thank you, also I just got the invitation to your wedding. Congrats!!"

"Thank you, I am very excited"

"As you should be, this is a very important moment."

"Yeah do about that, I would love if you could be one of my bridesmaids."

"Yes! I will love to" I was so glad she asked me that. Once she had hung up, I jumped in excitement. I couldn't believe it.

A/N: I would just like to thank and give credit to aliya-1502 for the help on this chapter!!