chapter 1

deena pov

I open my eyes and immediately get hit with the sun. Ah it's the first day of school, not excited. At least i get to see my friends right? I freshen up, then head down stairs walking towards the basement, picking up a few empty beer bottles on the way. I reach the bottom of the stairs and see joshes back and quick typing. i quietly walk up and pinch the back of his  neck.

"what was that for?"  he whines rubbing his neck,

"get off your role-play chat shit and get in the car" i roll my eyes

we rush out the house and get in the car, silent the whole time. we arrive at school then i park, and turn to josh "josh lets see how much friends you can make today" i smirk at him and he rolls his eyes then smiles. i really love that nerd

we both get out the car and walk to the large school. we stop at the entrance and i pat his head, "good luck, nerd" i smile and head off looking for my locker.

after a little bit of walking, i find my locker and put in the code. after putting most of my things in, i look around for simon and kate, my best friends, when all of a sudden someone bumps into me, forcing all my books to fall and almost me with them. luckily i catch myself before i could fall. i looked around hopefully seeing who caused this, and noticed everyone's eyes on me, what a great first day.

i bend down to pick up my books, when another hand touched mine. i looked up to see kate and simon helping me pick up my things.

"did you guys see who pushed me?" i asked

"and hello to you" kate smiles while standing up and giving me a hand, simon next to her looking around the whole hallway.
we talk for a couple of minutes, and eventually split up to our classes.

kate and simon have been my friends since middle school, and they are like siblings to me. simon follows kate everywhere, which i find actually cute. they were friends before me, i joined when me and kate kissed and i started seeing her and simon more . we both realized we would be better as friends and i definitely like her better as a friend.

—————————-

i'm actually really proud of this so far 🤤