Chapter 24: if cats could talk, they wouldn't

Katsuki Bakugo

Right, here we go. It's time for date number two. Pikachu had decided to come over, of his own accord, to help me get ready. I'd decided once again that casual was the best approach, but wanted something a little more flattering than the simple ripped jeans from last time. So instead, I decided on a much newer pair, to "show off that ass he so likes" in Pikachu's words, and a loose-necked t-shirt. I also decided on wearing a thin necklace, again trying to look a little more sophisticated than before. This was a big day, after all.

"Hmm, I like it. If he doesn't fucking drool when he sees you I'll be impressed" Pikachu said, which...was really weird and unnecessary, but I wasn't in the mood to argue back. I was anxious, in all honesty. Not so much about the date, per se, but about asking him to make this official. It would be damn awkward to move in with him if he'd just rejected me... ok, breathe. Cat café, cinema, bridge, question, scary bit.

Pikachu's read my face, and gave me a "really?" look, before saying "dude, he won't say no. He *can't* say no! You've been practically immobilising him all week, it's literally forbidden for him to say no, the lord hath spoken!"

"When did you get religious?"

"When it was convenient for my analogy!"

"Of course."

"Duuuuude, on the like 0.000001% chance that he rejects you, imma beat his ass, so it's fine!"

"Pikachu, you'd get destroyed."

"Ahem! I know you're right but SHUT UP!"

"Wh- you aren't helping, fuckwit!"

"Oh, right, sorry!"

"Just go and feed the cats, it's nearly time to go. I fed Wilson earlier, so forget about him."

The idiot then started playing with the dog, saying "daddy didn't really want uncle Kami to forget about you, he's just being grumpy, isn't he~ yes~"

"Goddamnit Pikachu just go!"

"Alright, sheesh. Cmon Wilson!!" he left my bedroom, the dog bounding merrily after him. What a pair... I went into the bathroom and splashed my face with water, before brushing my teeth for the third time that morning.

And then, I was ready. Pikachu was on shift at midday, so we walked together to the café, and sure enough, Todoroki was there, waiting patiently outside. And oh my God did he look stunning. He'd also gone for a pair of jeans, which really accentuated his bandy legs and slender hips, and had also gone for a loose fitting top, the type that would show your entire lower abs if you stretched above your head. Looking at his neck, my fears were confirmed. A thin necklace hung low around his neck, just kissing the top of his t-shirt.

Pikachu had also noticed, and had begun giggling. I sent him a look, and he simply said "bye~" and walked through the café door. I then held out my hand for Todoroki to grab, gesturing for us to move on. But we didn't, at least not immediately, as I took his hand and placed a soft kiss on it, keeping eye contact the whole time, before turning away and beginning to walk.

He caught up alongside me, still with our hands locked, and began the conversation "so...any plans for today?"

"Oh, you know, just the usual. Just taking my really hot date out for one of the best days of his life."

"Wow, sounds like fun! What've you got planned?"

"Just a couple of things"

"Like...?"

"Like the 'Wait and See' game!"

"I don't like that game..." he said, doing another one of his childish pouts.