Chapter 43: it all comes together

Shoto Todoroki

The rest of the week passed pretty uneventfully. Kat had his bandage removed without issue, and we... I helped Masaru move into the apartment. Those two were out today, leaving me hanging out with Shinso and Kaminari.

Unfortunately, this has descended into them snogging, and me sitting awkwardly on my phone until they finished. I didn't hang around much longer, just tired of third-wheeling. As chance would have it, I got a message from Kat as I walked through the door to our apartment, saying he was on the way back. I texted him saying I was home, before settling down on the couch with a bowl of snacks. He came in shortly after and joined me there, and it was just the two of us, so madly in love it was indescribable.

Kat had told me the guys at the café were holding a little welcome back party tonight, so the place was shut. We were all going there, myself included, to celebrate him. This made him feel a little awkward and embarrassed, but I think the allure of the occasion will distract him once we get there. Either way, he'd be close to me no matter what.

He told me he was going for a quick bath, and I just grunted. He had managed to figure out a way to get down into it himself, so he didn't need any assistance other than washing his hair. He said he still didn't trust his balance enough to have a shower, which was respectable enough. He's been through so much, the last thing he needs is another accident.

I decided it would be a good idea to get a nice suit out for him. Maybe a little bit because I was excited to see him in it...., but regardless of my motives, it was helpful for him. He has a pair of underwear in the bathroom with him, so he would be decent once he was finished. A nice, black, suave suit would be perfect for right now. Oh, and a little tie that I can pull on to ask for kisses!

"Sho? I'm ready~" he called out cheerily. I was convinced he enjoyed me fawning over him while washing his hair, and I can't say I didn't like it. Washing his hair was just another way I got closer to him, every single time it happened.

"Coming darling~"

Darling. I had started calling him that, the word handsome getting a bit bored of being used. He didn't seem to mind it, so it stuck.

I made sure to knead my hands through his hair roughly, as he'd told me he enjoyed that. Massaging his scalp had occasionally elicited a couple of unscheduled moans from him, that neither of us dared to mention.

We're such virgins, honestly...

I finished up, and helped him to his feet, shielding my eyes from his...he'd told me to just call it a dick, but flagpole was calling out to me. Either way, the important thing was that I wasn't looking at it when he stood up, and he quickly towelled himself off and put his boxers on. I led him towards his bedroom, where his suit was laid out.

He hasn't slept in this bed since the first time I joined him, choosing my room every night. I wasn't bothered, of course. There was no greater feeling than waking up with him, his arm wrapped tightly around me, comfortable no matter what.

It wasn't long before he re-emerged from the room, fully dressed on his own, which was impressive enough, but not quite as impressive as his actual appearance. He was absolutely mesmerising, looking so beautiful I couldn't believe my luck.

He did a little pose with his hand on his chin, and that just sent me. After making a mental note to pick my jaw off the floor later, I pulled him into a deep kiss. It felt like it lasted just a second, but it was probably longer, and I pulled away and went into his bedroom. I grabbed the tie he had left, and went to put it on him.

"No, Sho. I don't do ties."

"Wh-but..." i pouted at him, and he just sighed, saying "FINE I'll DO IT DON'T MAKE SUCH A FUSS!"

"Ok, let me...." I carefully put the tie on him, making sure it wasn't too tight around his neck, before tugging gently on it. He leaned forward as I did, and kissed me once again. And the world might as well have ceased existing at that point. Because it mattered so little to me. To us.

I changed into a suit of my own, and was showered in Kat's affection in return. We set out for the party early, arms linked and hands held tight together. The café had been closed to the public, and turned into a little makeshift one-night disco. Kaminari was in charge of the music, which...struck the fear of God into me, to be honest, but I couldn't say as much to him.

Kirishima was doing food, Midoriya was on drinks, and the rest of us were going to have fun. It would only be Kat's colleagues and their partners, if they had any. So no more than maybe fifteen people at most, including us two.

And it was everything I thought it was going to be. Kat getting annoyed at how many people wanted to touch his stump, Kaminari blasting strange music nobody knew, and Kirishima and Ojiro sneaking out the back halfway through for...yeah.

I just stayed by Kat's side, having fun with him the whole time. Every time a song we did know came on, we would have a little dance to it, and by the time we'd even realised it, Saturday had come around, and it was time to leave, a 2am walk home away from sleeping and a headache in the morning.

"God...it's damn cold.." I said, shivering a little in the nighttime wind.

"You could say it's...A DAAAAAAMN COOOOOOLD NIGHHHHHT!"

"TRYNA FIGURE OUUUUT THIIIIIIS LIIIIIIIFE!"

"WON'T YOU TAKE ME BY THE HAND, TAKE ME SOMEWHERE NEW?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT I!"

"I'M WITH YOUUUUUU~" we harmonised for the final line, before some guy shouted at us to be quiet so early in the morning. Giggling, we walked a little quicker to get back to the apartment. As soon as we did, we didn't bother undressing, just hopping right into bed. Our suits were all crumpled up, but that didn't matter.

We had each other. Always.
——————————————-
Well then....

That's it, huh?

Feels weird..

Sorry for the short ending, I've just got an epilogue planned, so I wanted more focus on that as an ending.

Buuuuuut don't worry! I've got a new story planned that will be started...maybe even tonight, who knows~?

Fact of the Day: I know~☝️