Chapter 39: the nighttime tells no lies

TW // MORE self-deprecation, nightmare causing panic attack (ish?)

Shoto Todoroki

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a little uncomfortable with my current predicament, only a towel covering my lower half and my wet arms wrapped around Kat, but all that mattered right now was him feeling safe, and if that meant I was to risk sacrificing a little bit of dignity, so be it.

"You can stay in here while I finish off it you want, I won't be long. Plus, I think the company is right for now."

"Y-yeah, thanks Sho."

"Kat, it isn't a problem at all." I said, turning him to face me as I stood up. We locked eyes, and I slowly closed the gap between us, locking our lips together gently. I felt the smallest of nips at my bottom lip, and Kat's tongue gently pressed against me after asking permission.

"U-um...can we maybe do that when I've got some clothes on.." I stammered out, suddenly very conscious of my mostly exposed body. He chuckled a little and said "sure. I'll be waiting here."

I placed the towel on the side of the tub as he turned around, stepping back under the lukewarm water. I had a....slight disposition, let's say, against hot showers. I heard Kat rustling about, probably anxious that I wasn't in his sight.

"It's ok baby, I'm right here~" I soothed. "You've got me, you're gonna protect me, right babe? Cause you're big and strong~" I followed up with, wanting to show him that I still admired his strength after everything.

"How am I meant to protect you like this..." he said, and I quickly responded with "Kat, not all strength is physical, ok? You are so much stronger than anyone I know. Stronger than me, stronger than Shinso. Hell, you're stronger that KIRISHIMA! And I know that you will be strong enough to do things on your own, but you have to remember that it's only been a few hours since we left the hospital, yeah? You can't expect to have mastered everything in just a few hours."

"I know, but... I want to do things on my own. I don't want help getting dressed, or help getting washed. I don't want you to do everything for me, despite how willing you are to do that. And I don't want you to miss out on your chances in life because you're dragging my sorry ass with you."

"Katsuki, I would drag your beautiful ass around the world three times over if it would make you happy. That is all I want."

"Yeah, but what happens on Monday, huh? What do I do while you're at class? And you sure as fuck aren't staying off, because you need to be there."

"Kat, I can talk to Aizawa and-"

"NO!" he screamed out, and I heard him sniffling before he spoke again. "I-I don't want you ruin your life because of me..."

I shut the shower off hurriedly, rewrapping the towel around my waist, before plunging Kat into a massive hug. He sobbed into my bare shoulder, saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so weak..." before I just made "shhhh~"'noises in his ear, before speaking again.

"Kat, I hadn't finished. I'm gonna get Aizawa to send me the stuff I need for class this week, so I can stay home. I'll explain the situation, and we'll work on a compromise from there, ok?"

"O-ok... I'm sor-"

"That's enough Kat, no more sorries." I said as I stroked his cheek. He placed his hand on my chest and pushed slightly, saying "you should get dressed..." before blushing a little. I pinched his cheek, saying "well, turn around then~"

He did, and I quickly got myself changed. As I did, Kat's stomach let out a loud grumble, and I remembered that the soup this morning was all he'd eaten all day. Not good considering his body was healing...