Chapter 12

~

It had been a few days since you found out about their plan and you hadn't seen any of them since. You were sitting at the Lucky Cat Café with a hot chocolate in hand, scrolling through your phone. A part of you wanted to admit that you went there to see if Hiro was home, but the other part of you just wanted to rewind after a long day. As you had silently hoped, the gang arrived at the café right after school and their eyes lit up as soon as they saw you. "[Y/N]!" they exclaimed.

Honey Lemon ran up to you first, wrapping her arms around you tightly as she pulled you in for an embrace. "Hey," you choked out under her grip.

"We were so worried about you," Fred said. Honey Lemon pulled back and frowned slightly. "We're very sorry about keeping the plan from you. Really, we didn't want to hurt your feelings," she explained.

"I just don't understand," you sighed. "Why couldn't you all just tell me? Didn't you think I was trustworthy enough?"

"No, of course that's not the reason," Wasabi said as he placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. "You're so trustworthy, [Y/N]. Look, we have no proper reason as to why we didn't tell you. All we ask for is your forgiveness."

You hesitated for a moment. "I forgive you guys. I never really blamed you when I found out. The person who I really want to apologise to me is Hiro."

"Fair enough," Go Go said. Her gaze moved over to the stairs behind you. "Speak of the devil." You turned your head around to see Hiro. He looked just as surprised as you did. His pace became slower as he approached you. He rubbed the back of his neck and glanced up at you sheepishly. "Hey [Y/N]..." he said.

"Hi," you monotoned. That came out ruder than you expected.

"I'm... I'm really sorry about keeping a secret from you," he started. "I understand now that my actions were wrong and I didn't take into account how you might've felt. I agree with you. I should've spoken to you about it before jumping to conclusions. I'm especially sorry about accusing you of not caring about Tadashi. I was blinded by my own rage. I hope you can forgive me."

You just stood there, staring down at Hiro. He looked down at his feet and you grabbed his arm to pull him in for a hug. "I forgive you, Hiro," you said. "I understand why you acted that way to me. Now, let's move past this. I won't tell anyone about your plan and I won't stop you either."

"You won't?" he asked.

"I mean, after the argument and all, I thought you still wouldn't want me to stop you," you shrugged. "You got your point across by keeping it a secret in the first place."

"Thank you," Hiro smiled. All of a sudden, Aunt Cass rushed into the room with her phone. Her eyes were red and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"He's awake," she breathed out.