Chapter 17

~

You stayed up all night thinking about what Cass had said.

"You're going to have to tell him one way or another."

You couldn't wait and hope that Tadashi reciprocated your feelings - you had to be the one to confess. In order to do that, you needed help. From Honey Lemon. You grabbed your phone and quickly typed in a message.

You
hl
emergency

Honey Lemon
i'm coming over right now

You
i didn't even tell you what was wrong.........

Honey Lemon
you said it was an emergency
idc what the situation is, you need me so i'm coming

You
ily

Honey Lemon
ily too <3 see u soon

You smiled and shut the phone off. Within minutes, a knock on the door sent you flying down the stairs. "Honey Lemon!" you exclaimed. You pulled at her wrist and dragged her up the stairs. "Alright, what's wrong?" she asked once she made herself comfortable on the edge of your bed.

"I've decided that I want to confess to Tadashi," you said. "The thing is, I don't know how."

"Aww!" she cooed. "Finally! Of course I can help you. Tadashi is a simple guy, so don't try to go all out to confess to him. Simply sitting him down, looking him in the eye and explaining your feelings is enough."

"But, what do I say?" you sighed. "There are so many things I could say to him, I just can't put it into words."

"You're a writer, aren't you? You can put it into words. Try to describe your feelings in a simile, or a metaphor. Nothing has to be literal."

"Right," you nodded. "You're right."

"So," Honey Lemon looked through your things and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. She placed it in front of you and said, "Start writing down everything you feel, then once you're done, turn it into a poem or a story. Whatever you want."

You nodded. Honey Lemon retreated onto your bed while you sat yourself down by your desk. She stayed quiet, leaving you with your thoughts. You decided to go with the cliche 'you remind me of' kind of thing, maybe because there were so many things that you could say.

He reminded you of the stars on a clear night.

He reminded you of a flower blooming in spring.

His voice reminded you of the wind blowing gently.

His smile reminded you of the sky.

You wrote all of this down and anything else that came to mind. Honey Lemon peered over your shoulder every now and then and in the corner of your eye, you'd see her smiling like a parent during their child's graduation. After a few more minutes of writing down whatever was on your mind, you managed to come up with a few things to tell him. "This is great!" Honey Lemon exclaimed after reading what you wrote.

"Now comes the hard part," you sighed. "Telling him how I feel."

"You've got this," Honey Lemon reassured you. "Just take your time and tell him when you're ready."

"Thanks," you smiled. You tucked the piece of paper in your drawer, underneath the other things that were inside. Hopefully your parents wouldn't find it there. "I think I'll tell him tomorrow," you decided.

"Really?" Honey Lemon's eyes lit up.

"Yeah," you nodded. "I think it's better if I get it over and done with."

"Fair enough," Honey Lemon said. "Good luck!"

"Thanks again," you said. "For everything."

"No problem," she smiled. "I'm always here to help."

She patted you on the shoulder and left. You slumped back onto your chair and sighed. You picked up your phone and dialled in a number. You lifted your phone up to your ear and waited for it to pick up. "Hello?" a voice called.

"Hey, Tadashi," you breathed out. "Can we meet at the park tomorrow? I need to tell you something important."