Chapter 15

~

You and Tadashi sat happily as you feasted on some burgers and chips. "So, what's the earliest thing you remember?" you questioned.

"I don't remember anything that happened during the fire, except the feeling of my skin being burnt," Tadashi shivered. "I think that'll stick with me forever. I remember the showcase, of course, and a few things that came before it."

"Well, it's good to hear that you didn't lose half your memory like coma patients do in movies," you joked.

"Oh, right I was going to ask you something," Tadashi said. You thought of all the possible questions he could ask you, but half of them revolved around your feelings toward him. Did he know? "You were talking to Hiro about something that I would find out," he continued. "What was that all about?"

You pondered ways to avoid answering the question. Lying was the easiest way, still you could never lie to Tadashi. Maybe just this once would be fine. "Hiro was being stupid and he went to another bot-fight," you spluttered out. "I told him off, though, so you have nothing to worry about! Besides, that was ages ago. There's nothing you can do about it now, right?"

"Oh, alright," he nodded. You let out a small sigh. "Are you sure?" he added.

"Huh? Yes, I'm sure," you said.

"Okay."

His tone worried you. He didn't sound convinced. You shoved the rest of your burger down your throat to avoid having to answer any more questions and Tadashi just ate in silence. Once the two of you were finished, you paid for the meal and walked Tadashi home. "Thanks for today," he smiled.

"No problem," you answered. You shuffled on your feet for a few moments, when you felt Tadashi's arms around you. He hugged you tightly and gave you a small smile before retreating into the café. You were frozen to the spot but you snapped out of your trance when you realised that you were standing in the streets, just staring at the window. You probably looked strange, just standing there. You turned the other way and made a beeline to your house.

As you walked home, the feeling of Tadashi's arms around you never faded.