02

I woke up to sun shining through the windows. I glanced over and saw Ziggy in her bed, she must have forgotten to shut the blinds last night, at least she came back. I sighed, figuring I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep now. I began getting ready as quietly as I could, trying not to wake Ziggy. I was finished getting ready, and getting ready to leave for the Mess Hall when I heard knocking on our door.

"Shut up" Ziggy called out from her bed

"Sorry" I mumbled before going to answer the door

I opened the door to see Cindy.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned, going outside and pulling the door shut behind me

"The camp rabbits were let out last night" She spoke, looking down

"That's terrible"

"The counselors all think it was Ziggy. Was she with you last night?"

"Not after dinner..." She sighed

"Ok, I'll figure it out" Cindy assured, walking away

When I walked back into the cabin Ziggy was now awake, getting dressed.

"Did you let the camp rabbits out?" I questioned her

"Yeah, it was funny. Who knew rabbits could run so fast?"

"Ziggy, you know those rabbits won't survive out there on their own, that's not funny."

"Whatever"

"Please Ziggy, you're not even trying, you're going to get us all in trouble if you keep this up"

"Let's just go to breakfast"

"Fine, come on."

We walked to breakfast together, and about 5 minutes later the rest of the campers had finished filing into the Mess Hall, and the counselors began passing out the food. Mid-breakfast Kurt walked up to the front of the Mess Hall and began speaking.

"Excuse me, campers. There has been an incident. Yesterday, the camp rabbits were let out, and they're no where to be found"

Some of the other campers let out strings of "boos" and disappointed noises, and Ziggy started laughing behind me, trying to cover it up as a cough.

"But! Don't worry, we have prime suspects" He spoke before going to sit down with the other counselors to begin eating.

Suspects? Who did they think helped Ziggy?

After breakfast Ziggy got up quickly and I went to try to follow her. We got about 15 feet away from the mess hall before Nick and Kurt caught up with us.

"Did you two let out the rabbits?" Kurt asked angrily

"No"

"Yes"

Ziggy and I both replied at the same time.

"I did not" I scoffed, glancing over to Ziggy.

"Did too, I helped you" Ziggy laughed

"You're being ridiculous" I looked over to Nick and Kurt "I did not let them out"

"Well, since theres no proof backing your statement, Cecilia and Ziggy, you're serving lunch and dinner today" He smiled to himself

"You've got to be kidding me" I spoke

Kurt turned to leave, still smiling to himself, while Nick lingered for a couple extra moments. Ziggy turned to walk away, but I quickly caught up to her.

"Ziggy what the hell was that? I did not let out those rabbits, why would you say that?"

"More fun this way, I don't have to serve my punishment by myself"