11

"What the hell are we going to do?" I asked, pulling away from Ziggy

"We're going to kill those monsters once and for all. We're going to end this." She told me

"We should call Nick, he can help" I spoke

"Sure, this way" She led me into her house, past a living room full of clocks and into the kitchen where the phone was located.

"Sunnyvale Sheriff department" I could hear someone answer from the other side

"I need to talk to Sheriff Goode."

Ziggy held the phone to her ear for a couple more moments before she set it back down. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Well? What did he say?" I questioned

"They're calling him" She sighed

A banging noise came from the other side of the house.

"What the hell was that?!" I spoke in a hushed tone

She signaled for me to follow her and walked towards what I assumed was a bathroom. Inside I saw a teenage girl tied to a radiator.

"What the fuck is that?!" I exclaimed

But before Ziggy could answer there was another loud bang from behind us. I jumped around to see the location of the noise and saw two other teenagers standing in front of us.

"Oh Jesus Christ!" Ziggy exclaimed, holding her hand to her chest.

The two teenagers in front of us didn't speak. They only stared at us.

"What is it?" I questioned

"We need to talk" The girl answered

They the went on to tell us about the deal with the devil the Goode's had made. They told us that they keep the deal alive by passing it down generation to generation, and they thought Nick was the one that was carrying it on.

It felt as if the air had been knocked out of my lungs, I stared at her. There was no way that Nick was behind this. That would have to mean he was behind what happened to Tommy? And that he was responsible for Cindy's death? I could feel hot tears falling down my cheeks.

"This is how we save Sam. How we save Shadyside. We can't kill the devil... so we need to kill him. We need to kill Nick Goode."

I heard Ziggy inhale sharply from next to me, while the boy looked at the ground.

"You're wrong," I spat "Nick wouldn't do this. There's no way. You've mistaken something" I glared at the girl

"But, we called him! I thought... I thought he could help" Ziggy panted

The boy and the girl got up, moving towards the front door. I remained sitting.

"Come on Cecilia. I know you... care about Nick. But if he's the reason behind Cindy's death don't you want to get revenge. So Cindy didn't sacrifice herself for nothing"

I stood up abruptly.

"Cindy did not sacrifice herself for nothing!" I spat, more tears falling down my cheeks "She sacrificed herself so we could live. We shouldn't be alive Ziggy!"

"This is the only way to end this." She spoke quietly, looking down.

We stood there for a moment, and I waited for her to speak again. But she didn't. Instead she started walking to the front door.

"Are you coming?" She asked quietly

I scoffed and walked out the front door, slightly pushing her out of the way as I walked towards the car.

I got into the passengers seat, Ziggy sitting in the back with the boy. The girl getting in the drivers seat.

"Who are you?" I spat, looking between the boy and girl.

"My name is Deena Johnson, that's my brother Josh. That girl in the bathroom, she's my girlfriend, who's currently possessed by your husband" She glared towards me

"He didn't do this" I spoke, crossing my arms and turning to look out the window

Soon we were stopping in front of a house.

"Where are we?" I questioned

Neither Ziggy, Deena, or Josh answered but as I turned my head I could see a man surrendering himself on a porch.

"Hey!" Josh yelled

"Urkel?" The man asked

"Yeah! Uh... want to help us kill Sheriff Goode?" He asked, I rolled my eyes

"Let me get my coat." The man spoke, going inside his house.

Once we got to the mall Josh began explaining the plan to us.

"So, Deena is the target now, so the killers will go after Deena's blood, just like they did with Sam. And then we use that to lure them into the stores, and then..." Josh looked at the man who's name I learned was Martin, and he shut the gate quickly.

"Welcome to the clink, motherfucker."

"The killers will be locked up, then it's us versus Goode" Josh smiled

"The man with the gun" I reminded him, he rolled his eyes and looked back to Deena

"Ok, sure, awesome, but then what? How do we take Goode out?" She questioned

"Are-are y'all serious about this?" Martin asked

"Once they're down how quickly can we get the gates back open?" Ziggy questioned

"Well, that depends, but" Martin started, but Deena interrupted him

"Why would we want to do that?" Deena asked

"We'll Carrie him" Ziggy spoke

As I walked to the Hanging tree, my mind flashed with memories of the last time I was here. The sight of Ziggy and Cindy next to me. The pain of Ruby Lane's knife in my stomach, her eerie singing. I shivered at the thought of it. I heard a footstep from behind me and jumped around to see who it was.

"This is it" Deena said

I shot a glare her way and looked back towards the Hanging tree.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I know Nick if your husband and all, but he's also a murder, the reason behind all of this" She spoke, though there was no sincerity in her voice.

"You're wrong" I spoke, turning to look at her "Nick didn't do this. I know he didn't, I know that you're doing this for Sam, the person you love, but just know you're taking the person I love away from me in order to do that. And by the end of this you're going to wish that you listened to me when your plan backfires and we're all dead."

She stared at me for a couple of seconds, like she wanted to say something more but didn't get the chance and the others joined us, forming a circle around the supplies we had found.

"Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people, that bad things happen because we're bad, that we deserve what we have coming. That's how it was for Sarah, and that's how it's been for us. But it's all bullshit. ok, just because we're weird and smart and different doesn't mean they can feed us through their meat grinder. Not anymore. it's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far. It stops here...tonight. It stops with us. We're going to kill this motherfucker. For Sarah. For Kate and Simon. For Cindy. For all of us, for Shadyside. Now let's do this." Deena spoke

Deena leaned over a bucket of water, slicing her hand into it. Everyone grabbed their supplies and began to spread the blood. I went to go set up the strings that were supposed to trap the monsters. Once everyone was finished Deena spoke.

"Okay! Cut it!" She yelled

The lights all flickered out, leaving the mall dark for a moment before the blue lights turned on. The entire building was quiet, until there was a jingle alerting us the door had been opened.