12

"Police! Hands up!" I heard a voice from behind me

I snapped around to see a police officer standing in front of me, gun drawn. I could hear Martin and the other arguing, and I assumed that they were in the same position.

"Drop your weapon!" He yelled at me, I dropped the skirt gun full of Deena's blood that I was holding. "Slide it to me!" He yelled again.

I heard the police officer with Martin and Ziggy start radioing something, but he was cut off by something. The other police officers ran over to where he was. I looked up to see the Milkman pulling his knife out of the man's throat. I gasped and ran for where I was supposed to trap the killer while the other police officers tried to shoot him.

I was sitting next to my string waiting for the killer to fall for the trap. Luckily Tommy walked right into the store, following the blood trail. I pulled the rope as quickly as I could but the gate never touched the ground.

"Shit!" I whispered under my breath

I got up to close it right as Tommy ran up and hit the gate with his axe. Luckily with the axe swing the gate fell to the ground. I ran to where the others were waiting.

"How many is that?!" Deena exclaimed

"I got one, Martin got the Milkman" Josh responded

"4" Ziggy added "We have four. Skull mask, Nightwing-"

"No Ruby?" Deena interrupted

"I don't know. We just need to keep an eye on-" Josh started"Y-Y-Yo! Why'd it get so quiet?" Martin asked

"It's him" Ziggy sighed out

"No..." I whispered.

This meant they were right. If the killers knew him, then that meant he was behind all of this behind Cindy's death.

"You don't have to do this" Deena told her

"Yes I do" Ziggy replied glancing my way

"Mount up" Deena said

We all left from behind the counter and took our positions to open the gates for the monsters.

He walked in his pace slowing when he saw Ziggy standing under the Hanging tree.

"Ziggy what are you doing here?" He looked around "Where is Cecilia? Is she okay? Is she hurt?" He asked walking closer to the girl.

"Nick. We know about what you did." Ziggy spat

"What I did? What are you talking about?" He searched the girls face for any clue "Where is Cecilia?" He looked past Ziggy and around the mall.

Just then the killers started rattling the gates again. But Nick was here. I ran towards where Nick and Ziggy were. My footsteps alerted Nick that I was coming and his head snapped my way.

"Cecilia" He sighed

He closed the distance between us and pulled me into his chest.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled into my hair

I nodded I was about to speak when I heard the door open. Nick and I separated, him pushing me behind him drawing his gun at whoever was walking in. And the killers stopped rattling.

"Will?" Nick asked

It all made sense. The Goodes had made a deal with the devil, and they had carried it on. But it wasn't Nick who carried on the legacy, it was Will. I then remembered what he had said to me that night in the Science and Nature cabin.