03

This morning I woke up at a more reasonable time, and got to the Mess Hall around the same time as the other campers. When I sat down with the other campers, next to Ziggy and I noticed Kurt standing at the front of the Mess hall, hands clamped together.

"What the hell is he doing?" Ziggy asked me

"No idea" I responded

Her question was answered as Kurt began speaking.

"Campers! There have been complaints about the seperation of Shadysider's and Sunnyvaler's. So, today we're going to be mixing it up." He spoke

Boo's came from both the Sunnyvaler's and the Shadysider's.

"I know, I know. I'm not happy about this either! But let's make the most of this!"

He began listing off people, and telling them where to go. Apparently we were spending the day with these new groups. Half of the Shadysider's and Sunnyvaler's were with the Sunnyvale counselors, and the other half were with the Shady side counselors. Unfortunately Ziggy and I were placed with the Sunnyvale counselors, which means I didn't get to be with Cindy.

I walked over to where the campers were and took my place beside Ziggy. Then the Sunnyvaler's came to join us, it was obvious to everyone that no one liked these plans.

The counselors that were in charge of our group then told us that we would be going to swim in the lake, I glanced over to Ziggy who was just as unpleased with this announcement, I hated swimming, and Ziggy hated swimming with the other campers. I walked towards the back of the group as we walked to the lake, Ziggy not far in front of me. Once we got to the lake I sat on a towel on the beach, Ziggy sitting next to me reading some horror book. Soon three girl approached us, three girls I recognized form Sunnyvale.

"Is your sister a witch too?" One of them asked Ziggy, glancing at me

"What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes, answering for Ziggy.

Ziggy got up and left, and surprisingly they let her, while I stayed to listen. They rambled on, something about Sarah Fier. After about 3 minutes of that, I had enough. I picked up my stuff and began to leave to find somewhere else to sit when the one standing in front grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go" I snapped trying to pull my wrist out of her grip

"Sheila! Let her go!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

She pulled me in closer, "Witch bitch, just like your sister" She spat before dropping my wrist and walking away with her two other friends.

I turned around to see Nick Goode.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at my wrist

"Why wouldn't I be"

He looked at me for a couple more seconds.

"Okay campers time for lunch!" He yelled, and I turned to walk away.

Once I had change out of my swimsuit I went back to the Mess Hall to eat lunch, luckily we got to eat lunch where we normally did instead of with our new assigned groups. After lunch Nick and another Sunnyvale counselor insisted the our group play flag football until dinner. At dinner they announced that we would have to have a bonfire with our assigned groups. At the bonfire I sat on a log by myself, I was supposed to sit with Ziggy but she was standing near the corner of the group. I tried to get her attention many times, to see if she was okay, a couple minutes later I saw Ziggy pocket a box of matches, that can't mean anything good. I sighed, knowing she was going to get herself into more trouble. I watched her then walk into the woods. I got up to try to follow her.

I walked in the woods for about 5 minutes before I lost Ziggy, and realized I, myself was lost.

"Shit" I mumbled

I began to try to walk the way I came. As I walked I heard a branch snap from behind me. I stopped walking, and heard another branch snap from behind me. I jumped around, and saw Nick standing behind me. I gasped. I threw my hand up over my mouth.

"You scared me" I moved my hand from my mouth to my chest

"What are you doing out here?" He asked

"I was looking for Ziggy, have you seen her?"

"No, I haven't, but we should probably get back to the bonfire"

"No. I need to find Ziggy." I turned to walk away from him

"Shit" Nick sighed "At least let me help"

"Fine" I spoke walking away

He stood back a couple of seconds.

"Are you coming?"

He caught up quickly. We walked for a couple minutes in silence. Then all of a sudden I tripped over a stray root in the ground and I felt my feet come out from under me, but then I felt two hands on my waist stabilizing me.

"Thanks" I smiled, looking at him. Then I looked past his head "What the hell is that?!" I exclaimed taking off in a run towards the bright light in the tree line.

"Cecilia! Wait!" he yelled after me

As I emerged from the tree line I saw the camp flag on fire and my mouth dropped open. And not much to my surprise right next to the flag was Ziggy, laughing. Nick caught up to me, slowing himself down by putting his hands on my shoulders, then moving to the right side of me.

"Oh my god" I gasped

Soon after Kurt ran up behind her.

"Ziggy and Cecilia! You again?!" He ran over to where we were

"No, no it wasn't Cecilia, I was with her the whole time." Nick spoke

I glanced at him with wide eyes, surprised that he had defended me.

"Fine, Ziggy this is your second strike. Four strikes and you're out." He spoke before turning to stomp back to the bonfire.

"What the hell Ziggy" I questioned as Kurt left

"Look, your precious camp is going up in flames" She smirked, looking at Nick

She turned and flipped him off as she walked away.

"I should probably go see what this was about" I said turning to Nick

He nodded. I ran to try and catch up with Ziggy but she got to the cabin much more quickly than I did. When I got back to the Ziggy was already in bed asleep, though I didn't actually believe that she was asleep.