ᶦᶦᶦ⋅

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❑▧✃ ༘

"and you thought of me? that's... weird but sweet!" 

the doctor locked jinhee's head in between his elbow while jinhee just smiled and hugged back. "who wouldn't after seeing that small cubby hole stocked with febreeze?" jinhee escaped her uncle's trap as she jumped onto the bed watching taeyong who did a happy dance.

  another can to his collection then.

 "lovin' the sneakers?" taeyong pointed at the closed nike box displayed near her luggage, "very." jinhee sheepishly smiled as taeyong proceeded to sit down on the study's chair.

"i know that look. making it clear, i'm not promising you another pair or your brother is gonna feel sulky. his eye smiles are too cute to be sulky." taeyong unconsciously raised his hand as his niece pretended to gag. "oh now you're gagging as if you don't brag the same eye smile you have to nakamoto." jinhee laughed as she then shrugged, "uncle yuta's fun to tease!"

this time, taeyong was the one to convulse.  he chuckled as he rubbed his temples, having flashbacks to the times he had to listen to both his best friend and niece's petty arguments on who's cuter and whatever shit they chose to fight on those meets. "drop the uncle shit, please. we feel old."

she fluffed her pillow, "whatever boats your float". 

"oh, did you tell the fam about your break?" taeyong scrolled through his phone as jinhee could be seen shaking her head slowly. "am i supposed to?" jinhee lied as she heard taeyong stressed a 'yah'. 

"i planned to when i'm back home, but it feels weird." she confessed and taeyong could only look at her. "are you sure you don't wanna sign up for med school?" jinhee shook her head once again. "i love the thrill and to help out but i don't see myself 'in the field'." taeyong nodded as he continued to listen. "they'd be glad i'm finally taking a break but to think of it, it'll just be a regular summer day now." jinhee sat up.

"you're supposed to enjoy your free time, you're still young! didn't you mention how chaewon wanted to head the beach?" jinhee sighed.

"lee jinhee. i don't intend to sound mean, but you're basically MIA. to your fam, friends, and whatever shit the summer wants you to do!  you're at yulje way more than i do, and i'm a professor there. you're not even an intern yet you have more experience than them."

"and you're point is?" jinhee held her phone, playing with the case.

"i'm saying is that you need to relax. enjoy. nothing's wrong with being lazy for a bit. you're too young to handle these kinds of stress. engineering students are basically looking for breaks and you're here in japan with me for a work convention." jinhee sighed again as she continued to stay silent.

"you sure?" jinhee asked again.

"yulje accepted a few batches of interns for each department last march. more residents moved up and more fellows are present. it'll be cramped." taeyong moved over to his niece and sat beside her, "what's with the sad face? you know you're the first person we'll call when we need hands, especially when the newbies are too surprised to hand me the stethoscope."

jinhee sank her forehead unto taeyong's shoulder as she tried to cheer herself up. "plus, i think time could help you redecide things, the great yulje medical hospital will always have a spot open for their mini paramedic. even professor chae and professor yang agree."

"alright, plus uncle kun said i could help out his barber since one of his staff is on probation." taeyong patted her back as he mumbled an 'attagirl' to himself.

"drop the fucking uncle call, jee"

"i'd rather be called well-mannered than being chased by mom."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the amount of times i know the word uncle is going to appear in this book HASHdSHd

and hosp playlist fans wya