ˣᵛᶦ⋅

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❑▧✃ ༘

"you both rarely help out during the semester, now hush."

mrs. lee sipped her tea as she continues to watch her kids pack a bunch of cookies into baggies. the mom smiles as she watches her kids do their own tandem, jeno packing the cookies while jinhee tied it with a shiny red ribbon. "plus i did all the baking and whatnots." mother lee adds.

"anyways your dad would be heading to the hospital to meet with your uncle and the rest of their doctor crew. while you guys  just have to leave the remaining at the café for kun and taeil." their mom mentioned their 'uncles' who honestly were just their dad and legitimate uncle's friend group.

✃ ༘

kun, taeil, and ten were their dad's college buddies. unlike taeyong, they were far away from the medical world. rather, they were business, architecture, and fashion students.

and here comes the chaotic ones; yuta, johnny, and doyoung. they were taeyong's college squad. it's no surprise that they all met under their pre-med course.

and just like jinhee and jeno, the lee brothers were inseparable. thus starting the cluster of friendship.

✃ ༘

"well, cheers to a huge ass friendship." jinhee looks away from her mom's stares as jeno holds in his chuckle.

"jee, language." jinhee glares at jeno who was close to laughing, instantly elbowing his waist. "OW- you son of a... grinch." jeno felt his mother's eyes on him, so he glared back at his older sister, shoving her in return.

all the pushing and shoving lead into more bickers making a few cookies snap. the mom continued to watch her children fight, focusing on the poor cookies. "oh the benefits of having— and it just keeps on coming." their mom paused her sarcastic remark as she stood up, hesitantly answering a phone call from her assistant. on a saturday morning.

their mom soon left the kitchen to the children and towards family's workspace, leaving the two young adults alone with trays of baked goods. they swore and made up before continuing to pack the remaining sweets. "jen, do you think we should tell people already?" jinhee asked.

"tell what?" jeno answers as jinhee stared at the taller sibling, trying to sign with her eyes. "oh. you mean that " jeno resumed packing the gifts. "it's kinda obvious already, but give it more time jee. it's fun hiding the truth." jeno convinced as jinhee nodded. "true. if they were smart enough then they would've figured it out."

the two continued to focus on packing the goods, immersed in their own created system. "oh, jee." jinhee hummed as she fixed the crooked bow she made. "do you wanna take the car or?" jeno dusted off his hands as he took the now-empty trays to the sink. "let's walk. we could use some new pictures." jeno and jee fist-bumped signing an approval between the both of them.

moonbox café, here they come.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

random but i needed to since it introduces an important detail for the future chaps.
and yes, ik the chapter sucked but i feel like y'all need to know how the both of them ended up having hundreds of "uncles" or family friends or idk how y'all call it.  here in my country, we call them uncles even if they're not related 😭

btw the amounts of hints i incorporated since the very first chap, >:)