22. Forced Marriage.

Scene continues...

Melissa's POV:

The bullet pierces her head making blood splatter all around.
I cannot believe what just happened right now. Did he kill her?
I struggle wildly to free my arms from Andrew and this time he sets me free. I crawl to Ella and sit in the pool of blood, as I gently place her head on my lap and cry out murmuring a sorry. I should die. It's all my fault. She did nothing wrong, she didn't deserve to die like this. I should have died instead of her. I weep loudly as I hold her in my arms.

"You damn bastard. How can you kill her?" My dad yells at Blake.

"I killed her Mr. Anderson? You are wrong. You killed her. If only you had kept your mouth shut and not thought of taking Mel away from me, she would have been alive now. It's all your fault." Blake snaps.

"Do you understand what you have done? You monster. I hate you. I will never love you." I stand and slap him hard on his cheek.

This is just too much. I never imagined that he would kill Ella, I thought he was only trying to scare me. But this devil did it. I will loathe him forever.

"Have you not learned your lesson yet? Do you want me to kill one more person, My Love?" He smirks, wiping off the blood from the corner of his lips.

He grabs my elbow and twists it at my back, making me face my parents. My eyes meet my mom's. She looks too traumatized. And my Dad he is way too angry. He struggles hard in their grip, if only these guards weren't holding him, he would have killed Blake with his own hands. My dad looks at me and his eyes soften. He murmurs a sorry to me. I wanted to say to him that I am sorry for making them go through all this. I never imagined that my peaceful life will turn into such hell. My heart breaks into pieces as I look at my best friend lying dead on the floor and my parents struggling in front of me.

"Look at them. Do you want me to make a hole in their head as well?"

He twists my elbow even more causing me to wince in pain. I yelp and shake my head from side to side desperately. I am angry at him, I don't want him to touch me even an inch but I don't have much of a choice. I surely know now what more he can do. I cannot risk my parents' life. I can behave stubbornly in front of him now.

"Tomorrow is our wedding in the evening, get ready for that. And don't try to pull off any stunt if you want your parents to go back to France peacefully." He speaks dangerously in my ear.

Tears keep flowing like a river. I look at my parents who were being dragged out of the room by the guards. My parents' scream, yell, and kick but to no avail.
Samuel carries Ella's body and exits the room leaving me, Blake and Andrew in the room. He sets my hand free and throws me on the bed.

"Get everything ready for tomorrow. And that cottage I told you to decorate. Make sure it is done before tomorrow's evening. And make sure no one hears about it. Any mistakes this time will cost you your life, understood?"

"Yes sir." He replies and walks out of the room along with Blake.

**************At night*************

The door opens and he enters with food tray. I look the other way and ignore his presence. He left me alone in this room to cry for the whole day. Only that young maid came once to clean up the blood.

"Dinner time Mel. Tomorrow is the big day, I can't let you get sick. And for that you must eat." He says cheerfully as if nothing happened today.

I refuse to eat but then he threatens me to kill my parents so I gulp down the food while choking every now and then. I look at the clock in desperation for it to stop somehow. I don't want tomorrow to come.