New Book

Hi guys! 

Yes I know that I just finished a book. But come on, anyone's who's ever written anything knows that it's therapeutic. And by God, do I need some help...

Anyway, the new book I'm working on will be named The Prophecy In The Winds. And since I need long therapy sessions, it'll be a long one. I'm thinking 70-90k word count if I live that long. And I know Happily Ever After Comes At A Price isn't the most exciting book out there. TPITW will be a full on fantasy novel, the usual enemies to lovers angst, mind-blowing plot-twists, steamy scenes, cute sarcasm, dark flirtations while fighting with swords and daggers and much more diversified characters that will feel like real people. I promise you, I'm working on my humour skills too. And unlike the protagonist of this book, Beata Abbott is the whole strong woman, men-are-bugs, bitch-don't-you-dare-defy-me fighter pakage. Yes, I'm talking Natasha Romanoff tough. Love will definitely be a dagger here. I'm just having fun here. If you like the first chapter given down below, please do follow me. I'm just starting with the story and since this is my last year before I join Uni, I'm up for a long, long year of rigorous study timetables - doing my certificate international curriculum with the national curriculum for the admission examination prep... Writing a fantasy novel is difficult enough with all the world-building, and I'll be trying everything I didn't do in this book. Maybe, it'll be done within a year, maybe sooner, maybe I'll die before that. Till then, hold on. Stay safe. Don't die. If you're seeing this, it only means you've read my book and I love my readers. DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME! I WILL HAUNT YOU IF YOU DO! Thank you so much for being on this journey with me... ❤❤❤

27/7/2021

- Warm hugs, Progga

~~~ The Prophecy In The Winds ~~~

|| 1 ||

"Do it."

I stood my ground firmly and held my chin up defiantly to face the highest authority in the Kingdom of Halifax. "Do it and you lose everything." I seethed out.

Black irises glared back at me in pure contempt. With an ill-deserved pride and gargantuan egoistic aura. It only lasted a moment. His body is swift to move across the short distance between, until he has me shoved against the marble, white pillar of the deserted courtroom. The large, muscular body is flush against my slender one. One hand adorned with rings placed on the column, no way to escape. It repulses every inch of me. It makes me want to skin him alive. The black blade of the Royal Sword digs threateningly into my hips. The towering height of Andras Conall looms over me like dark clouds before thunder on a murderous rampage. I chuckle at his meagre attempts to subdue me. Oh they all tried, nobody ever could. The rage in his dark eyes dim at the sound of my voice, they glitter in amusement now. He thinks he won this easily.

"Is this how you should address the King, Beata darling?"

My name on his tongue was all kinds of wrong. The roughness in his tone never changes. Monotonous, commanding, powerful, laced with materialistic happiness he earned with blood. I've seen him fight, and rise to all his glory. With just eight years ahead of me, but he ruled the greatest country in today's world. King Andras saved Halifax when the previous King was brutally murdered by his trusted ministered shaded by green jealousy. That was just a decade ago. In the small reign of only ten years, he's managed to increase our borders by twentyfold. Nobody knew how, but the handful of palace-dwellers like us and the silhouettes that lurk around the palace- shapeless, faceless, a whisper in the dark. All anybody ever knew all King Andras was the reason gold lines the walls of their houses, food on platinum platters. I never left the palace but I saw the world though his eyes. All I knew was - everybody worshipped the King. Everybody but those who knew his ways. Everybody but those who were at that room the night I delivered his Prophecy.

Andras shoves me against the cold, hard surface again. "Is that how you that to your betrothed, love?"

His eyes roam all over my body, darkening every second, until they seem pitch black. He pauses every now and then where his gaze shouldn't. I let him. I let him be distracted. Only for a fraction of a second.

The boiling wrath he birthed in me expands to be surface. Invisible fire dances on my skin. In a swift motion, the hilt of my dagger is flush against his neck. The veins in his temple bulge out at the tension. A lone drop of crimson blood rolls down. But the smirk on his face never falters. At least, the years worth of training did him something good. He watches me, waiting...

"Never call me love." I spit out my words with venom. "I am nothing but a power move to you. You love nothing but power and blood."

"Ahh. Right as always Prophetess." The dark lips curl up to a wide grin, dark copper curtains bounce in mirth as he nods his head in approval. "I do love blood. And yours is the most powerful there is." The shallow voice dives lowers still. "You have three months. Prepare accordingly."

With that, he removes the pressure of his body from mine and walks away without a single glance back.

"I'll never marry you." I scream on top of my lungs at the retreating figure of King Andras.

"Remember what's at stake, darling. Remember the consequences." His voice ricochets through the cold, barren room.

He's right. He knows he has the upper hand. King Andras always wins. If there's a bet he won't win, there's no bet at all. But this time, he made the biggest gamble on the table. He brought me in the game. He set the rules, trapped me in so that every way out leads to his arms only. But he always had a knack for undermining potentials. Ruthlessness and cold-blood can only win him petty battles. He dared to go to war with me and my people. He dared to threaten everyone I love. He dared to go against the girl who has a million reasons to die for for. This is the biggest game he ever sought out. Everything he's accomplished will be snatched away, his secrets exposed, his life on the line if he loses. But if he wins, he'll be untouchable... King Andras of Halifax, the prospering young ruler will the Emperor of the World.

All he needed was me by his side and that one boy who threatens everything he's ever achieved...