chapter 2

King's Cross station, Saturday 3rd January 1977

Octavia Rosier was hiding in a corner of platform 9 3/4. She was enjoying a steamy kiss with Maximilian Weasley, her boyfriend of four months. At the end of fourth year, Octavia and her best friend Lilah Yaxley challenged themselves to get boyfriends for the next year. That was how Octavia ended up dating Max and Lilah, Fabian Prewett, two older Gryffindors.

Those two girls were born in such strict families, and growing up, they felt the need to escape from this world. It was no surprise for them when they realized they got along so well with the Prewett and the Weasley boys. These relationships were obviously a secret for both their families, it was pretty much not known in Hogwarts as well. And even if their families knew, that wouldn't stop them from forcing them into marriages with awful young men that had the same beliefs as them. However, sometimes, Octavia felt like Lilah was more in love than her.

Octavia and Maximilian had been kissing for a while when Max broke the kiss.

"I feel like someone's staring at us," murmured the boy, his orange eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Octavia looked around, searching for the source of his discomfort then finding at the other end of the platform, a pair of dark eyes discreetly observing them through the crowd of people. She huffed in an annoyed manner then detached herself from the hold Max had on her.

"Whatever, we should get going."

"I'll catch up with the others, go meet Lilah."

She let him go and disappeared into the crowd before hopping on the train. It was still some minutes early. As she was walking, looking for her friend, a voice from behind stopped her.

"Octavia. You could have greeted me."

"I have no reason to greet you... Regulus," she answered, turning around to face him. Her face was turned into a scowl, she was clearly not enjoying this encounter.

"Don't you remember what our mothers said? We should grow close..."

"I do not want to get close to you. And stop spying on me," she barked.

"But you were cheating on me," answered the boy in faux-innocence which irritated her even more.

"What? I don't remember us being married!" she snorted ironically.

"Being engaged already means being loyal though," murmured Regulus calmly.

"Nothing's official, don't overreact."

"We both know it will happen one day," he casually replied as he walked past her, probably directing himself towards the prefects' carriage.

His words struck her for a moment, and she stared at his back with wide eyes before calling out to him, unconsciously grabbing his wrist in the process.

"Wait! Don't tell this to anyone please. I'd rather keep it a secret."

He stopped in his tracks and stayed unmoving. For a second he looked down at her hold before nodding and speaking again.

"Fine."

Once this encounter with Regulus Black was over, Octavia walked until finding the compartment where Lilah was staying with Fabian.

"Hey, my favorite girl is here!" exclaimed Lilah upon noticing her friend entering the compartment. She stood up and embraced her warmly with a smile before her expression turned into a frown.

"Are you okay? Rough holidays?"

"Yeah, my folks being a pain you know."

"Well girls, I'm going to join the others. See you later," said Fabian as he left the compartment.