chapter 6

Before curfew, Octavia, Lilah and Jaden, went to visit their friend still feeling sick.

"Hey how are you doing?" asked Lilah right away when she came into the room.

Zephyr turned around in his bed to look at them. Octavia noticed he looked even paler than when they left him in the morning.

"Could be better," his weak voice uttered. "Did we win?"

"No, we were so bad. The team really sucks without its top chaser!" replied Jaden this time.

A smile of satisfaction spread on his face. "I'm indispensable."

"I think there was a fight at the end between Black and Zabini, you should investigate," suggested the boy, not hiding his curiosity.

"I will. Did Felix play?" then asked Zephyr, turning his half-open eyes to look at Octavia.

"No, that's really annoying. Crabbe sucks as a keeper!"

"I keep telling them to let Felix play but Flint said not yet..." sighed the boy.

"After today's disaster, I'm pretty sure he'll change his mind," snorted the blonde girl.

"For next time," just said Octavia.

They departed after a few other exchanged words, thinking their friend needed more rest. They made their way all together out the common room and in the dungeons before going up and directing themselves towards the Gryffindor tower. Lilah said the password and entered through the painting first.

"There are many people again!" she exclaimed looking around. The two others did the same. Not a single Slytherin except three of them.

"Here you are!" said a voice from behind and Octavia felt two arms snaking around her waist, catching her off guard.

"Max! You were great today!" exclaimed the girl as she turned around in her boyfriend's hold to place a kiss on his lips while caressing his red locks.

"I was, right?" he answered with a smirk that made her laugh. "Come on, come have a drink for your birthday my baby!"

He led her through the crowd and arrived where the drinks were left, surrounded by his friends obviously. He handed her a glass of Firewhisky which she gladly took.

"Cheers for my girl's birthday!" exclaimed Max and the people around cheered with them. Octavia laughed before gulping down the small amount of alcohol in her glass. She appreciated the slight burning sensation in her throat.

"So, how old are you already?" asked Remus as he handed her another glass.

"I'm 16 now!"

"Well, I'm 16 too. But only for a few days," he chuckled then turned around to look at Max. "And when's your birthday already?"

"October. I'll be 18."

"Getting old hm," laughed Octavia by his side and he went to tickle her in a teasing manner.

"Don't say that! One day you'll be even older," he teased again.

"I know. I'll grow very very old you'll see!"

More chatting and a few more drinks later and Octavia found herself having a lot of fun at this party. She met with a few classmates and met new people as well.

"Octavia! Is it your birthday?" asked a girl going by the name of Rumi Blaine. She was a Ravenclaw girl with the most beautiful smile, the most beautiful tan skin and the most beautiful hair she had ever seen, which meant she was also one of the most beautiful person she had ever met. She had long shiny black hair cascading down her hips and always a baby blue ribbon tying up a few locks. Rumi happened to be someone she was often paired up with in class.