Part 168

2024.7.27

Time check: 6:00 am. I then woke up and did my entry today instead of yesterday, due to tiredness.

Good day, everyone! Look. 8 days from now will be my debut showcase slash fan concert. Starting from today, I will market myself and let my presence be known. I hope, you supporters, will promote me to your friends and colleagues. I wish to win just once as a soloist. 

The entry then ended. I then left the room for a while to eat breakfast. Turns out that the food is almost done cooking. I just woke up at a perfect time. 

While eating, Krystal manager-nim then asked me, "Sunbae, since your debut will be next week, if you will be the one deciding, would you want to perform live or a pre-recorded performance?"

"Of course, live, sunbae! It's just my personal preference. I receive some comments that I perform better when the performance is live, instead of pre-recorded."

"Luckily, I chose the right option. Your voice in the recording of Imagine and Don't Stop is great, but when you performed it live during your promotions, for me, it sounded so much better. Hence, the comments from the people."

She then asked me, "Send me your performances in the 6 music shows. I need to submit it within the week."

"Performances? I thought I could only perform one song?"

"Some artists perform two songs. This is just my personal preference, but I think, sunbae, you should perform three songs on one performance."

"A trilogy, just like the songs my best friend will perform on the opening?"

I added, "That's actually great, manager-nim, but I don't know what 3 songs to perform. Of course, I need to do The Best of Me, because it's the title track."

"I don't know if this will turn out good, but what about a medley of The Beginning, The Best of Me, and Memories of Seoul?"

"That's actually a good combination, manager-nim. However, the order of the songs seems off and doesn't sound right."

Jeonghwan hyung then added and said, "I agree with you, sunbae. The order of the songs seems off to me as well. From a relaxing song to a heavily upbeat song to a heavily ballad song."

Seunghoon hyung then joined and said, "Sunbae, maybe we try Memories of Seoul first, since it has a relaxing vibe. Then, The Beginning was a mix of ballad and pop, and you conclude it with The Best of Me, which has an upbeat sound."

"That's actually what I was thinking, hyung. But, for me, manager-nim, let's do this starting the second week of promotions, or should we try this on the first week?"

She then suggested me something, "For the first week, maybe try a medley of two songs. But the final decision will be made by them. Hopefully, they agreed."

We both said together, "The Beginning and The Best of Me?"

"It's best to promote my solo songs in the music shows. If I can perform all of the songs in the album, why don't I?"

"I'll send these list of songs we've agreed to the company first. Soon, the performances will be revealed to us."

Seunghoon hyung then said, "Hopefully, it's in our favor, Soojung. But good thing that they allowed you, James sunbae, to perform live."

"Hey. Seunghoon oppa. Why are you calling me by my Korean name?"

She then showed me the list of works until my debut showcase. 

July 27, 1:00 pm - Variety show with Kim Daniel
July 28, 9:00 am - Solo guesting in a variety show + solo performance
July 29, 10:00 am - Solo photoshoot + solo interview
July 29, 3:00 pm - The Best Of Me (Live Band Ver.)
July 30, 2:00 pm - The Best Of Me (Studio Choom)
July 31, 10:00 am - Solo guesting in another variety show
July 31, 7:00 pm - MV Reaction + The Best of Me cheering guide
August 1, 1:00 pm - Another interview guesting with Kim Daniel
August 2 - Debut showcase / fan-con dry run
August 3, 9:00 am - Photoshoot + interview with Kim Daniel
August 3, 6:00 pm - IG Live
August 4, 2:00 pm - Debut press conference
August 4, 8:00 pm - Start of debut showcase / fan-con