Chapter 4

Hayley P.O.V

""Hey, how are you doing, sweetie?" April asked while sitting on the chair next to me.

"Do you know anything?" I questioned her, not giving her an answer since I was desperated to know what was going on.

I knew something was wrong since the moment Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber had entered inside Owen's office. Even April had stepped inside a few minutes ago and, by the look of her face, it was bad news.

"Yes" she finally answered before looking away, as if she was trying to find a way to tell me. "I need you to stay calm, okay?" April took one of my hands in between hers, getting me to nod slightly. "They never made it to their destination. Right now we don't have any information, just the fact that the plane went missing" the woman explained, moment at which I forgot how to breathe. "Hey, hey, don't jump into conclusions yet. Maybe the plane had to make an emergency landing or something" she tried her best to calm me down, but I just pulled my hand away from hers only to cover my face.

"They could be dead" I muttered as April rubbed circles on my back.

"Or they could be alive, we don't know that, sweetheart" she told me. "Let's get you home" she sat up, not getting me to do the same. "You've been sitting on that chair for hours, let's go home so you can get some rest" Kepner tried to convince me, that time getting me to sat up as well.

"Zola?" I asked her, I had not seen her since the morning.

"She's staying with Bailey, don't worry about that" April answered, to which I nodded slightly still a little overwhelmed about the news, not being sure about how I should have to react.

--------

It had been days without knowing. Only a day ago we had learned that the plane had crashed and that they had spent those days in the middle of the forest.

At that moment I was sitting inside the conference room, being babysat by Alex as I waited for them to finally arrived at the hospital. Karev barely answered to any of my questions, just saying that he only knew as much as I did.

However, I knew they were hiding something, they had information that I was not supposed to know and it was driving me crazy.

The only thing I wanted was for them to tell me that both my sisters were okay, but the moment I had questioned it during breakfast, everyone had gone silent, staring at me with sadness.

I looked up when someone knocked on the door, observing how Alex walked outside the room for a few seconds before opening the door again, letting come inside a person that had been a while since I had seen it. Molly.

For a moment I was taken back to when I was twelve years old, to the moment in which she had walked inside the house, embraced me and told me the worst news I could have ever heard.

"No, no" I shook my head the moment she tried to hug me, pushing her away as I studied her face one last time.

Her blue eyes were completely red. Tiredness written all over her face as she stared at me with so much pain, getting herself ready to say the hardest words she could ever say."

I stared blankly at the wall as I continued to listen to Meredith and Amelia's argument, not really wanting to intermediate, but someone needing to stop them from keep yelling at each other.

"I can do it" I finally spoke, getting both of them to look at me. "I can go back to that room"

"No. You're not going back" Meredith said. "At least not by your own" she added, to which I was about to complain. "I said no"