S2 EP3 - Summer School: Chapter Three

ELEVEN YEARS AGO

Ben got into the elevator with Wildcat.

Ben: After all this time, they're all in one place.

Wildcat: This isn't a joke, Ben.

Ben: Oh please. You know how long I've been kicking Vilgax's butt? This'll be a walk in the park compared to what he's done in the past.

Wildcat: It's not just Vilgax here tonight, Ben. It's all of them.

Ben: Alright. I just wanna get home to my family this week. Last year, I got stuck in the Anur System dealing with Zs'Skayr. Kai definitely scared me off from taking intergalactic trips over Nate's birthday again.

Wildcat: You should stay here. You got a kid.

Ben: You kidding me? We need every advantage we can get. If that means the Omnitrix then I'll help. Besides, we got this, Teddy.

The elevator doors open to Johnny Thunder and Pat Dugan.

Wildcat: They got Solomon Grundy.

Pat: What? You need backup? You got 'em.

Wildcat: Sorry, Pat. Just Johnny.

Pat: But, Wildcat, I mean, you know, we're talking about the entire ISA now, right?

Wildcat: Members only. Sylvester insisted. Hey! You got a kid to look out for.

Pat: And Ben's still going?

Ben: I've got the Omnitrix, Pat. I can be sure that I'll be safe. Where's Gwendolyn?

Pat: The next room.

Ben goes over to enter the other room as Johnny and Wildcat leave. Gwendolyn was sitting looking at a framed picture.

Ben: Hey, you ready

Gwendolyn: Um. I-uh. Yeah.

Ben: What're you looking at?

Ben goes over and sees that Gwendolyn was looking at a picture of her, Kevin and their son.

Gwendolyn: I can't believe Devin is already 7 years old.

Ben: Yeah, time goes fast. It wasn't long ago that little Nate was crawling around the house. Now he's a walking talking demon child.

They both chuckle.

Gwendolyn: What if this doesn't work?

Ben: Don't talk like that. It'll work. Darkstar and Charmcaster's power have got nothing on your skill.

Gwendolyn: If I don't make it. Promise me you'll look after Devin.

Ben: Gwen-

Gwendolyn: Promise me, Ben.

Ben: I- I promise.

Gwendolyn: Thank you... doofus.

Ben: Anytime, dweeb. What do you say, cuz? Wanna go kick some ISA butts?