S2 EP10 - Summer School: Chapter Ten

Nate was sitting on his bed looking at the holo-viewer. Rook entered through the door.

Rook: What did you find?

Nate: The location of the final piece of Corrodium.

Rook: Excellent. Where is it?

Nate: It's in Ledgerdomain.

Rook: Then what are we waiting for?

Nate: Unfortunately, the only way into Ledgerdomain is with a spell from my Aunt Gwendolyn's spell book.

Rook: Which you have.

Nate: Yes, but, it turns out the page that Faith took out was the spell needed to summon the gateway.

Rook: That is not good.

Nate: Yes, but I do have a plan.

Rook: Which is?

Nate: Charmcaster is currently still in Blue Valley. She would have the necessary knowledge to get us into Legerdomain.

Rook: Why do you not just go visit your Aunt instead of negotiating with Charmcaster?

Nate: I don't think I can ever look her or Kevin in the eye again. The last time I visited them I promised them that I'd bring Devin back home. But instead... I couldn't save him.

Rook: That was not your fault, Nate.

Nate: Just stop. I didn't stop it so I'm at fault. Let's just get some sleep, we've got a lot to do tomorrow.

———

Nate went downstairs and was met by Ship jumping up at him.

Nate: Alright, easy boy.

Nate looked at his phone and searched up the tennis tournament Fran had taken part in. He then saw that it had ended a few days ago.

Nate: Weird.

Nate called Fran and it went to voicemail.

Nate: Hey, Frankie, just checking to see when you're coming to pick up Ship. Just let me know when you get this.

He ended the message and immediately got a text from Courtney. 'My house. Now.'

———

Nate arrived at Courtney's house and rang the doorbell. He greeted by Mike opening the door.

Mike: Oh, thank God. I seriously thought Courtney was just gonna leave Beth to protect us.

Nate: Protect you? From what?

Mike: You're not here for that are you?

Nate: No clue. I've gotten nothing except a cryptic text.

Mike: Gotcha. Court, Nate's here!

Mike walks away from the door and Nate enters as Courtney comes into the room.

Courtney: Hey, sorry. I don't have much time but I just needed to say I'm sorry.

Nate: Sorry?

Courtney: I can understand why you didn't tell us about your powers. And, it turns out there were much bigger secrets being kept from me.

Nate: No, you were right. I should've told you, you deserved at least that.

Courtney: Yeah.

Nate: So, why does Mike need protection?

Nate looked into the living room to see The Shade passed out on the couch.

Nate: Oh, I see.

Courtney: He came out of nowhere. Me and Pat are going to find Jennie.