1. prologue: head seer (part 1)

a/n: I cannot wait to hear what you guys think of this new character! As always, a picture that best resembles him is above (credit belongs to another artists, this is not my drawing). Don't forget to leave behind your thoughts, possibly your first impressions of him! Vote and follow for more update announcements.

Happy reading :)

It was tranquil.

Thick, fluffy clouds drifted aimlessly against a glorious blue canvas. The sun blazed in competitive glory as the sky blessed those fortunate enough to lay eyes upon its beauty.

The small sailboat beneath Samir Blackthorn swayed with the whims of the waves, similar to the jostling of thoughts in his mind.

His grip on the rod loosened as he continued gazing upwards.

Perhaps, by combining the roaming nature of the wind with the ever-flowing water racing to caress the shores, energy could be harnessed in a tangible form.

At that captivating thought, an idea blossomed in his mind. Samir freed a hand to pat the wooden bench he perched on. His fingers grazed a black, tattered journal when his mother, Madera, yelled, "Don't you dare pick that damn notebook up, lad."

Samir jerked his fingers away as if scorched, jolting in his seat and sending the boat rocking momentarily. He tore his golden eyes away from the entrapping sky and turned to his mother, who rested on the bench behind him.

"We've barely caught a damn basket. And you choose now of all times to be a landlubber," Madera grumbled, her thick brows furrowed in frustration. "We don't have time for your lollygagging."

Samir returned to gripping his rod, his shoulders slumping as he stared into the depths of water, waiting on a fish to bite. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed his mother glanced at him.

Madera sighed. "Alright, what is it? If it ain't bringing three square meals a day, then there ain't much writing you need to be doing right now."

"Ah, yes." Samir brightened as he faced his mother. His golden eyes sparkled with delight at her inquiry. "I was contemplating my new project, remember the one?"

"You've got too many, lad," Madera responded, squinting her honeycomb eyes at him. "The one with the wheel attached to the side of the shed?"

Samir snapped his fingers and nodded. His rod tipped further into the sea, and a spark of adrenaline rushed through him. He reached forward to grasp the oakwood stick tighter, causing the boat to sway to the side.

"Watch it!" Madera barked, glaring at him. Samir gave a crooked smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry 'bout that," he said before his initial excitement manifested again. His free hand fluttered in the air as he elaborated, "I just figured out the missing piece in my project."