11. outrageous plans (part 3)

"No," Ren grunted as he sat back on his bed and crossed his arms

"No," Ren grunted as he sat back on his bed and crossed his arms. His blue eyes were piercing underneath the moonlight trickling through the curtains. "You're a damn fool if you think I'm getting involved in your bullshit."

"So, you just don't care that a man infiltrated my room and attempted to murder me?" Sephirah huffed, her cheeks puffing out as she glared at Ren.

"Are you stupid and deaf?" Ren snapped.

Blood rushed to burn the tips of her ears. Sephirah pointed a finger at him. "You are infuriating! What about Alethia, huh? You don't care that he might've hurt her too, then?"

Ren shrugged, gathering his long black hair in his hands, and tying it back into a ponytail. "Not a damn bit."

"Okay, I think we all need to take a breath and calm down," Aydin cut in from his cross-legged position as he rested against a pile of pillows.

"I am calm," Alethia spoke from the window. She was leaning on the wall and staring outside, the curtain fluttering between her eyesight spasmodically.

"Nobody was talking to you," Aydin sang in a mocking tone. Alethia's eyes snapped to his and her cold expression would've frozen the Nix Kingdom straight over. Aydin held up his hands in surrender. "Forgive me, great icy one. I forgot you've still got a couple of loose screws and can't take a joke."

"She's not the only one with loose screws," Ren grumbled.

"Would you all listen to me?" Sephirah snapped. Her magic was roaring, and her blood rushed to match its pace. She was their princess. Yet, they had the audacity to attempt something so foolish. "These villagers are completely disrespectful. They have forgotten their loyalty. It is only fit that I remind them. I only asked you all to come with me out of politeness."

"You can take your politeness," Ren's forehead wrinkled at the word as if it brought a sour taste in his mouth to even utter it, "And shove it where the sun don't shine, princess."

Sephirah's palm lit with a blast of flames. Her face flushed with anger. "The sun will be the last thing you see, you insolent bastard."

"By the goddess's bones, woman, what are you so heated for?" Aydin's eyebrows lifted as he considered her. "They probably didn't mean any harm. Didn't the man tell you the villagers just wanted to scare you?"

"And that makes it okay?" Sephirah turned her blazing golden eyes onto him.

Out of all the people in the room, he should understand the most of how she felt. At the thought, her magic snuffed out as a sense of hopelessness leaked from her caged heart. The lid over the emotions she'd kept trapped within her since that night came spewing out like a pot boiling over. She struggled to smother them as Aydin continued to look at her with that annoyingly perplexed expression.

"Stop looking at me like that!" Sephirah yelled, her ears burning as Ren and Alethia stared at her.

"Like what, precisely?" Aydin asked, his tone as innocent as a newborn.