[ 002 ] little lola.

— CHAPTER TWO,
little lola.

A SCREAM RIPS THROUGH THE RING.

Ruby lays on one of the beds they don't use, sweat covers her entire body. She shakes, tears stream down her sweaty cheeks.

"Get this thing out of me!" She screams to Emori, Harper, Echo, and Raven who all sit in front of her. The four of them all wear exhausted expressions from being woken in the early hours of the morning by a panicking Bellamy.

That was nine hours ago. Now, the entirety of Ruby's family stands around as she pushes a literal human being from a hole that's supposed to be the size of a grape.

Bellamy and Ryland sit at both sides of the woman, holding her hands.

So to give Ruby privacy, Monty stands behind Ryland with eyes wide, while Murphy stands behind Bellamy.

"I don't know how to do this," Emori says with wide eyes.

"You can do it," Murphy nods at her reassuringly. He then looks down at his sister's pale face. "And so can you, Ruby."

"I don't need encouragement!" She shouts furiously. "I just want it out of me!"

She screams again as pain shoots through her body. Her head falls back onto the pillow, a sob slipping past her lips.

"Hey, you're doing it. You're doing it, Sweetheart," Bellamy whispers to her. He smooths her sweat soaked hair away from her face. He kisses her forehead. "Your body knows what to do, my love. Just listen to what it's telling you to do."

The urge to push flows through her.

With another cry of pain, she pushes.

"You're doing it, Ruby!" Harper cries happily. "They're crowning."

"Crowning? What the hell does crowning mean?" Ryland panics.

"We can see the head," Raven glances up at him.

That's when a thump fills the air.

Ruby's head shoots up from the pillow. Her eyes are wide with concern. "What the hell was that?" She asks.

Bellamy's eyes shift away from her. He looks over his shoulder. When he looks back to her, he says, "your brother."

"Oh, Jesus!" She angrily shouts. Her head falls back onto the pillow, "the fucking bastard isn't pushing a goddamn baby out of him and he's the one that fainted!"

"Hey, Ruby, calm down." Raven tells her, "all you have to do is push."

Ruby's grip tightens on Bellamy and Ryland's hands. With a powerful scream, she pushes with every bit of strength her exhausted body can muster.

"Holy shit!" Emori cries. "Ruby, you did it!"

Bellamy looks at the four women to see Emori grabbing a baby, his baby. Echo swiftly grabs a small towel, wrapping it around the baby.

Bellamy can't take his eyes off of the baby. "Ru," he whispers. When she doesn't respond, he looks down at her. Her eyes are shut, her head titled to the side. "Ruby!?"

Bellamy desperately reaches for her neck, searching for a pulse. Relief floods his body as he finds a pulse. It's not weak, it's not faint. It's fast, but there's a pulse.

"She's just unconscious, Bellamy." Harper says. "She was in labor for nine hours. Her body is exhausted."

Emori taps the belly of the small child. A wail pierces the air. All eyes turn back to the infant, as if remembering that it's there.