[ 005 ] clarke.

— CHAPTER FIVE,
clarke.

RUBY HELPS ELOAH PUT HER SUIT BACK ON. As her does does so, she looks to her mother. "are you okay?" The little girl asks.

Ruby looks at her daughter's face. She sees the concern in her hazel eyes. "I'm fine, baby. It's just a bruise. You've seen me with plenty of bruises."

"But those were from Uncle Murphy, he's not a bad man." Eloah says. Murphy's eyes snap to Eloah. "He wouldn't actually hurt you like that man."

Ruby frowns.

Murphy has hurt her before.

Worse than that inmate ever could have.

But time has healed them. They're siblings once more. They live for each other and they'll die for each other.

Eloah will never know the truth about her mother and uncle. She'll never know about how Murphy broke her nose or held a knife to her throat. She'll never know about how Murphy abandoned her. She'll never know how Murphy tried to murder Bellamy. And she sure as hell is never going to know about how Murphy put a bullet in Ruby's leg and then threatened to put on in her head.

"No," Ruby glances to her big brother. He looks away, "he wouldn't."

"Alright. Let's do this," Bellamy announces as he rounds the corner. Eloah and Ruby both look to the man.

"Where the hell is she?" Emori steps up after not seeing Raven.

"It's technical, but, um, someone has to run things from here." Bellamy says.

"What?" Ryland questions, worry creasing his dark eyebrows.

"So let it be John," Emori holds her arm out towards Murphy.

"Hey," Ruby quickly stands to her full height, staring at Emori, "he's not staying up here."

"I said it's technical." Bellamy repeats.

"I'll do it," Monty speaks up suddenly. Harper is fast to protested as Monty starts to walk away.

Bellamy stops him, placing his hand on Monty's chest, "enough. It has to be Raven. Once we have a truce, she'll come down with the prisoners. If we fail, she'll take the ship's escape pod. Either way, she'll be fine."

"If I'm flying solo, she'll be the only one." Emori informs them.

"You can do this," Bellamy quickly reassured her. "Let's go."

Suddenly, Murphy walks past Ruby and Eloah. "Murphy, stop." His sister calls out.

He turns back to them, glancing between the two of the three most important girls in his life, "I'm staying, too."

"No, you're not," Ruby's face turns into a face full of hurt and betrayal.

"Raven might need backup, Ru. What? With Emori flying, this is the survivors move." Murphy says with a sly smirk.