[ 004 ] killer within.

— CHAPTER FOUR,
killer within.

"BOYS AND GIRLS, MEET ELIGIUS FOUR." Raven announces.

Eloah clutches her mother's hand tightly as they sit in their seats on the rocket Eloah named Bernie when she was three. She's spent her entire childhood in their ship, she never expected to actually be strapped into the seat that was meant for Clarke Griffin six years ago while floating ik the endless black void she considered home.

"Powering A Better Tomorrow," Emori reads as she looks at the ship in front of them.

"Must be a mining ship," Ryland suggests from where he sits beside Echo.

"Mining in space?" Harper questions, her eyebrows pinching together.

"I've heard stories," Monty informs them. Ruby looks to him in questions. "Missions sent to mine asteroids or search for habitable planets, but that was a hundred years ago."

"Well, they got back somehow. That means they must have fuel," Bellamy adds.

"Well, now there's a ship with a story to tell," Raven popes. As they float past the ship she speaks up again, "it looks like one of the engines was destroyed. At least the hap is still rotating. That rotation means they'll have gravity. Sorry, lovebirds, no Zero-G space sex."

"Raven," Bellamy sighs, casting a look down at his daughter who sits between him and his wife. The child pays their conversation no mind. Her eyes are locked on the small window. She doesn't tear her eyes away from the stars.

"Sorry," Raven says. Her attention is then drawn else where. "There. There's the docking bay."

"I hate to ask this. . . but what if they're still inside?" Monty asks.

"We've been through this, if they were still inside and saw a foreign ship trying to board them, they would shoot us out of the sky." Echo tells him.

"Okay." Emori nods. "Commencing operation uninvited guests. During thrusters in 3, 2, 1."

The sudden blast off causes Eloah to gasp, she squeezes her eyes shut tightly. Bellamy and Ruby both look to their daughter in concern.

Then the chaos breaks out.

Emori loses complete control of the ship.

Eloah has tears in her eyes as she cries out in fear, "Mama! Daddy!"

"Brace for impact!"

Ruby and Bellamy both throw their arms in front of their daughter as the rocket roughly lands in the open hanger bay.

At the rough impact, everyone lets out grunts or small shrieks.

As the roughness of the landing fades away, Eloah slowly peels her eyes open. She looks around at her family.

"Are we here?" Eloah asks softly.

Murphy looks to his niece. "Yeah, Little Lola, we're here."

"Let's get you outta those restraints," Bellamy undoes his own. He then moves to Eloah, undoing her restraints. "You okay?"

She nods.

─────────

After the chaotic yet successful landing, the group of ten makes their way into the ship where they strip off their suits.

"Okay, we gotta move fast." Bellamy says. He then looks to Eloah. "Stay behind your Uncle Ryland."