Chapter 10: Pac-Man and Blood Pacts

A pang in my chest hit, I stopped and looked at him. "Huh?"

Norman sighed and let go of my hand. "Honestly I'm not too sure either."

"What do you mean not too sure? Cause Norman that isn't a no big deal thing." I looked straight at him. "Do you like him?"

Norman huffed. "Look listen, it's no big deal, Emma. It's honestly not something I noticed until you started dating so I'm sure it's not a big thing-"

"Uh, Norman, it's kinda a big thing that you like Ray."

"Like is a strong word, Emma-"

"Than what word fits?"

Norman furrowed his brows. "I don't know, something like a brief crush. I'm sure it'll be over with in a while." He sighed. "Sorry."

I gapped, words refusing to follow my train of thought. Finally I let out something coherent.

"It's okay, just unexpected... maybe." I thought back. 2 seconds to realize the foreshadowing. "Never mind, makes sense but unexpected in which I didn't think to think of that possibility."

Norman sighed. "''Twas good foreshadowing, I say."

"'Twas." I agreed, quickly shaking my head for playing along. "Ah but, okay... uh, um alright then. I can deal with this."

He raised his eyebrow. "Seriously? You aren't worried?"

"Why would I be? I trust both of you." I sighed.

—-

School hit the next day like a truck, specifically waking up because of a certain someone.

"Emma, wake up Rays here!"

This will be fine everything is fine. I yawned. "I'm awake just gimme a second."

I stretched and laid faced down, yesterday was fun and all until Norman dropped the bomb of the year on me. Oh well, I can't blame him for liking Ray look at me, straight up dating him.

A knock on my door. "Emma? Wake up school starts soon and I will leave you."

"I'm sure you will, Ray." I yawned. "Gimme a sec to get ready."

Only a few moments for me to be ready, as expected of someone who's late on a regular basis. I stepped out and saw Ray and Yuugo enjoying a breakfast without me, I walked over and grabbed an apple. Playing it cool.

"Good morning, Yuugo, Ray." I took a bite. "How's it going?"

Ray took a sip of coffee. "You know, I woke up and remembered that I'm responsible for getting you to school on time, so pretty normal."

Yuugo continued. "Well I've been awake since 6 am, and now I'm eating breakfast with my child's boyfriend."

We shared a laugh and briefly got ready to leave for the day, saying our goodbyes and leaving. Once we were on our way to school, Ray asked about last night with Norman.

"Oh that? Well, it went... fine." I said recalling the night previous.

Ray raised an eyebrow. "Fine?" He looked over at me. "Why not fun? Did something happened."

"You could say the night ended on an odd key." I sighed, shining a smile soon after. "But nothing friendship threatening! So it's all good and no problems were caused."

—-

Lunch time hit and across from me was a glimpse of what Norman and Ray would look like dating.

"You know this costs like 300 right?"

"We have money don't we?"

I couldn't lie, it would be funny and much more entertaining. Nerds being nerds.

"You guys are really gonna spend that much money." I laughed. "Wouldn't you two be better off?"

"It wouldn't be the same, Emma." Norman said.

I chuckled and took a bite of my food. "Well it's your money after all, who am I to say not to use it."

"Exactly." Ray chimed.

I looked over at him and rested my head on my hand. "But I'm surprised you would want to make such an irresponsible decision, you usually stay outta that."

"Sometimes I wanna spend 300 dollars on something I really want." He showed me a picture on his phone. "Like on a personal arcade Pac-Man."

Cute. "We're will you two put it, will your mom even let you have this in her house?"

Norman raised his hand. "That's where I come in. I have the room and no one cares."

"So I guess you two already have a plan for your prized purchase, very nice. Cant wait to play it after you too." I smiled at Norman. "Invite me over when it comes in."

Norman smiled back. "Of course, you'll be the third to play it."

The lunch bell rang and we went on, before I could get to my class Norman stopped me. "You haven't said anything to Ray, right?"

"Hurts that you don't trust me." I said.

Norman sighed. "I trust you but this isn't something I'm taking lightly."

I walked away slowly. "I know, and don't worry. Ray will never know, I'll take it to my grave. I can a blood pact if you want-"

"-Okay I get it, no blood, Emma. We've been friends for like 9 years and every time you involve blood it never ends well." He stopped himself. "Thanks."

"No issue, this a is problem solved by trust between friends."

"Glad we agree... but if you need a blood pact just say the words-"

"We don't need to involve blood, Emma."

—-

To say the least, this is short, sorry y'all. I'll try to push out another chapter soon but don't hold me to that

-Cryspi