Chapter 4: Be Alright

Lani's POV
ever since last night, she's been out of it. even today, i've only seen her leave the room once, and that was for her to use the bathroom. i've never seen her act like this, that says a lot about how it's affecting her. i tried to get her to go out with me today, but she doesn't want to do anything. i wish there was a way that i could make her feel better, i really do, but i don't even know how i'm supposed to do that. i fear that she's gonna go back to that dark place she has told me about so many times. i don't think i would be able to handle seeing her like that, she's always so joyful and happy, this is different. i just want her to be alright.

i'm with Adeya right now, i'm taking her to her dad's house for the weekend, it's their time together. i'm also kinda glad cause i wouldn't want her to see y/n/n like this. i wanna get her some flowers, i know they're not gonna make her feel better, but it's the least i can do. we get to his house and i park the car.

"come on DeyDey." i woke her up from her nap. i picked her up and started walking towards the door. i knocked and Javie came to open it.

"hey DeyDey!" he took her from me and kissed her cheeks.

"hey Lani."

"hey Javie, how are you?"

"i'm good, how bout you?"

"i'm good."

"cool, how's y/n/n?"

"she's going through it."

"i bet, i heard what happened yesterday."

"yeah, i don't know what i'm supposed to do."

"just be there to comfort her, it's gonna rough but you got this."

"i will, thanks Javie." we hugged.

"you're welcome. i'll see you soon."

"see ya." i walked back to my car and started driving to the flower shop.

i just wanna get her some roses, that's all. so this should be quick.

i arrived a few minutes later and went in.

"hi, how can we help you today?" a man said at the front desk.

"hi, i would just like a bouquet of white roses."

"right over here." we walked over to the fresh white roses.

"how many would you like?"

"15."

"alrighty." he grabbed a bag and let me pick the flowers out.

we got the last one and went to the front so i could pay.

"those will be $25.69."

i give him my card and grab the bouquet. he hands me back the card.

"have a good day."

"thank you, you too." i walk out of the shop and head back to my car.

i put the roses in the passenger seat and start driving back home.

Sean started calling me, so i picked up.

"what's up?"

"nothing much man, how are you?"

"i'm chillin, how bout you?"

"i'm good, i just picked up some roses for y/n/n."

"i heard what happened yesterday. i tried calling her a couple times and she didn't answer. Jhené tried too but the same thing happened."