Another Shadyside Tradgedy

serendipity; (n)
finding something good without looking for it

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theo Fraser's hand slammed his nightstand, the continuous beeping from his alarm clock finally silencing. A loud groan could be heard from the teenage boy as he rolled over on his bed, his arm hanging off the mattress along with half of his torso as he took a deep breath, a wave of exhaustion already hitting him as he sat up in his bed. The boy rubbed his eyes with the edge of his palms before staring across his room, his vision focusing on the vibrant blue and white jersey with "Shadyside 04" on it. Ugh, game day.

You'd think Shadysides star football player would look forward to Friday games, but Theo Fraser wasn't too fond of game nights when the only reason he was on the team is because of his fathers expectations. Growing up, all Theo wanted to do was play music and skate around, just hang out with his friends, but of course that wasn't 'manly' enough for Mr. Fraser.

Football did have its pro's though. With games every Friday, Theo had the excuse of spending the night with his closest friends.

First he had Simon Kalidova, the schools mascot and Theo's childhood best friend. The two grew up in the same neighborhood together and went to the same school ever since kindergarten. They've been inseparable since then.

Then he had Deena Johnson, who was apart of the school's band. He had met her through Simon, but ended up seeing her a lot due to Deena dating his younger sister, Sam. However, once Theo and Sam's parents got divorced, Sam was forced to go with their mom to Sunnyvale, leaving Deena to break up with her eventually. It was a pretty nasty break up, the two girls hadn't been on good terms since.

Finally he had Kate Schmidt, Shadyside's pretty cheerleader. The two had met in third grade, both being good friends with Simon. Kate was different from his other friends though, throughout the year's Theo had developed strong feelings for Kate, but of course Theo would never have the guts to tell her that, so he just left it alone and pushed his feelings aside for the most part.

Eventually pulling away from his thoughts, Theo finally got to his feet, walking over and slipping the jersey over his bare torso before pulling his matching varsity jacket over his shoulders. He then slipped on his favorite worn out jeans and his beaten up converse before exiting his room and down the hall.

While on his way out, he caught a glimpse of Sam's old room, his stomach turning as he remembered he would see her for the first time in weeks today. Because of the nasty divorce, their parents were not on good terms and took full custody of only one child so they didn't have to see each other again, only for emergencies, which also meant Theo and Sam never got to see each other, leaving their bond to slowly decay. Now that Sam joined Sunnyvale's cheerleading squad, the two finally had the chance to see each other. It made Theo a nervous wreck.

The boy just sighed, continuing to walk down the hall and into the living room where his dad was asleep on the couch. No doubt he had spent the night out at a bar. The familiar smell of booze stung his nostrils.

Theo scoffed as he made his way into the kitchen, grabbing an apple and taking a bite as he made sure everything was in his backpack and ready to go for school. However, the tv caught his attention, allowing Theo to pause as he listened in on the daily news.

There was a female news reporter who was standing on the left side of the tv with Sunnyvale's famous Sheriff Goode standing opposite of her.