Back to School

serendipity; (n)
finding something good without looking for it

The clatter of a plastic box being dropped to the ground filled the empty hallways of Shadyside High. The sound of rummaging was all that could be heard amongst the group which was now searching through the schools lost and found box, grabbing new pieces of clothing so they were free of any blood stains. Theo managed to get an oversized white shirt and a light brown cardigan vest, along with khaki pants and old, beaten up converse shoes. He shrugged and took what he had, knowing there couldn't be anything actually nice looking in there.

"We have to decontaminate," Josh started to say, rummaging through the box. "You can't have any of Sam's blood on you."

"Well, not much I can do about that," said Sam, the girl letting out a small breath and crossing her arms before turning around and walking down the hallway. Theo couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling. As any normal person would've thought, Theo imagined the next time they were able to see each other wasn't going to be under the circumstances of dead killers chasing after them.

Theo caught the eyes of Deena who was staring at him with concern, watching Sam walk down the hall. Theo bit his inner lip, nodding towards his younger sister with a small smile, "She needs you Deena," he whispered softly, patting the girls back before getting to his feet. Without hesitation, Deena gave her silent thanks to Theo, quickly walking after Sam.

"Deena, you have to get clean too! Not a single drop, okay?" Josh called after his sister.

Theo, Simon, and Josh all walked towards the men's restroom while Kate started for the women's. Both Simon and Josh had already walked inside, Theo ready to follow them in until he heard Kates voice.

"Hey, wait. I don't want to go in by myself," she said to Theo, trying to look as calm as possible. Theo saw right through her though, noticing the fear pulsing through her veins as she was only halfway through the door. Theo gave her a soft smile and nodded, the relief flooding over Kate as Theo followed her inside the girls restroom.

The two walked into separate stalls, Theo quickly removing his clothes before putting on a new, blood free outfit, slipping the cardigan vest over the white shirt which was super baggy over his slim torso. The boy finally walked out of the stall, rushing to the sink and washing his hands along with his face.

"Do you really think this is going to work?" Kate's voice came from the stall behind Theo. He knew she was scared, there wasn't any hiding it in her voice, Theo tended to notice the small thinks about Kate, especially things that helped him realize how she was feeling in the moment. Whenever she was nervous she looked down at her feet, whenever she was excited she wouldn't stop talking, etc etc. The point was, Theo Fraser always knew when something was bothering Kate Schmidt.

"I do," Theo simply told her, and this time he wasn't lying. "I genuinely do think we're going to get through this Kate." he said.

"Theo?" Kate's voice came again. "Can you help me?" she asked, Theo's heart rate seeming to race through the roof. He gulped, turning around and walking towards the stall Kate was in. He took a deep breath, gently pushing the door open. There Kate stood, her hands interlocked in front of her as she looked up, looking almost embarrassed as their eyes met. Theo didn't notice anything to be embarrassed about though, Kate was gorgeous, more than gorgeous actually. Theo didn't even care to notice the girl wasn't wearing anything except a bra and underwear, he just stared into her eyes, smiling softly as he was able to take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the girl before him was.