Grocery Shopping

serendipity; (n)
finding something good without looking for it

Grab & Bag, the local grocery store that Simon worked out was now empty, leaving Theo, Kate, Simon, Deena, Sam, and Josh plenty of supplies and space to use for their final plan to end the curse once and for all. Simon was rummaging through the back of the pharmacy, the others waiting around the counter.

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance," Simon said, emerging from the back room and throwing boxes of medical supplies on the counter before him. "He was dead for two minutes. But... we got him back!"

Deena, who was standing beside Sam, looked over at Kate with a small smile. "Kate, it's time for your close up." she said.

With that, Kate took the pill bottles that she was given, pouring all of the different ones in to specific piles, some containing more than the others.

"You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn," Simon started to say, Theo raising a brow at him before he decided to take over and explain to Sam.

"Pile two is gonna bring your core temperature way down. You may feel slightly sick," Theo explained, taking the third pile. "Now, you need to take a five minute interval between two and three. That's really important, okay Sam? Pile three brings you down and out, so you gotta take that five or it's all going to go to shit."

"How many of these do we have?" Kate asked, picking up the pile of epipens.

"Tons. Like thousands!" Simon said, taking the pile from Kate into his own hands.

"Wait, epipens?" Deena questioned, looking at the three as if they were crazy.

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings Sam back, this is our savior." Theo explained, Simon handing over the epipens and separating the piles of pills for Deena to take.

Theo now stood with Kate and Simon, a red X marked his vest which was made with Sam's blood in order to create a distraction for the killers and give Sam more time. Kate, Simon, and Josh also had this done with their clothes.

Sam, who was wrapping up her hand walked over to the group of three, looking worried as ever. "You guys remember a half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me?" she asked jokingly. "You don't have to do this. You can leave."

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate said. "We're ending this together."

Simon placed a gentle hand on Sam's shoulder. "Die well, my friend," he said with a smile.

Theo sharply inhaled, quickly wrapping his arms around his sister and pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you, okay? We're gonna bring you back." he whispered to her.

Sam smiled, hugging her brother back. "I love you too, Theo." she whispered back before the two pulled away. She then waved to the group, following after Deena and taking their hiding spots.

Simon walked up to Josh, throwing an arm around his shoulder as he waved to the others. The two then walked away, taking their spots which left Kate and Theo.