The Dead Rises

serendipity; (n)
finding something good without looking for it

"We should not be this close to a police station in a stolen ambulance!" Simon snapped in a whisper.

"I'm with Si on this one, I mean for fucks sake, we're drug dealers, this isn't the most friendly place for us," Theo added on.

Theo, Kate, Simon, and Josh were now outside of the Shadyside police department while Sam and Deena were inside, reporting what had happened at the hospital. The two girls had also claimed the person behind the skull mask was Ryan Torres. The thing that didn't add up was that Ryan was reported dead the night of the slaying. Theo believed them though, he knew there had to be some reasonable explanation.

"We're hiding in plain sight, thats the point," Kate argued back, leaning against the back of the ambulance.

"Yeah, just like Bundy," said Josh, who was sitting on the ledge of the ambulance.

The other three all looked over at the boy with puzzled looks.

"Ted Bundy, when he was stalking his victims, I mean," Josh explained, biting his inner lip.

"Okay, didn't he get caught though?" Theo questioned, raising a brow.

"Well, no. Well, yeah, but-"

"Whatever, you guys figure this out I need to take a leak," Theo said, shrugging the topic off of his shoulders before walking to the other side of the station.

Eventually finding an empty spot, Theo unzipped his zipper and did his business. However, he was cut short as a police car drove past him, the siren blaring in his ears which caused him to jump, quickly zipping his zipper up.

"Fucking christ..." Theo mumbled, about to walk back when he heard a soft voice singing behind him. Theo slowly turned around, recognizing the voice as a female as he noticed a girl around his age, curled up in a ball against a lamppost just a bit down the road.

Theo's face changed into a puzzled expression as he slowly walked up to the girl, her singing becoming louder and louder as he approached her. She didn't seem to notice him even when he was standing right beside her because she just continued to hide her face and kept singing.

"Hey- Are you okay? Do- do you need help? I can-" Theo almost choked on his words as the girl finally lifted up her head, the left side of her face completely cut up. These weren't just small cuts either, they were deep gashes. "What the..."

The girl smiled at Theo, quickly moving out her hand beside his right ankle to reveal an old razor
blade, switching it out and cutting it deep into Theo's ankle which caused the boy to scream out in pain, collapsing over as he grasped his leg. Theo tried to quickly crawl away, but the girl was too quick for him. She jumped on top of Theo, sitting on his stomach as he struggled to push her off. She grabbed her blade again, switching it out and going for Theo's throat. However, Theo saved himself this time, quickly grabbing hold of her hand and stopping the blade that was close to piercing his skin. It was a close fight, but Theo managed to push her hand away, only cutting his left cheek before grabbing the girls throat, trying to choke her. Once again, she was too strong. The girl pushed away Theo's hand raising her blade high in the air, preparing to bring it down on Theo's chest.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

The girl on top of Theo fell to the side, blood seeping out of her shirt. The boy quickly looking up to see Deena holding a gun with the others standing behind her.