A Night in the Hospital

serendipity; (n)
finding something good without looking for it

All that could be heard was the sound of a blaring car horn as Theo Fraser sprinted down the side of the road. Following the loud noise, he was soon met with a sight that made him audibly gasp. The car that Deena and him had dropped a cooler on just minutes prior, now lay in the grass, smashed against a tree which had caused the taillights to flash and bent the hood of the car and broke the windshield along with the passenger side window. What had made Theo gasp wasnt the car however, it was the sight of his sister on the ground, panting. Theo quickly ran up to her, kneeling down beside her and grabbing both of her shoulders.

"Sam! Are you okay? Oh shit- fuck..." he mumbled as he searched Sam for any major injuries.

Deena quickly knelt down beside him, cupping Sam's face into her hands, her eyes looking watery. "I'm so... I'm sorry," Deena whispered softly.

"Stay away from her, you freak!" Peter said now with his skull mask off, bent against the steering wheel from the crash.

Theo quickly turned his attention back to Sam, gently rubbing her shoulder to try and comfort her. "Sam, it's me. I'm here. It's me and Deena."

"Did you... see?" Sam asked, her nose bleeding as she panted heavily, trying to catch her breath.

"What?" Deena asked as Theo looked behind his shoulder to see Kate and Simon walking towards the three.

Simon knelt down in front of Sam, examining her as his green painted face lit up in surprise, "Oh shit!" he exclaimed.

"Okay, we should not be down here," Kate said, standing behind Theo and observing the scene from further away.

"Shut up and help me carry her!" Deena snapped, holding one of Sam's hands while Simon still observed her closely.

"We need to leave, like ten minutes ago," Kate argued again, Deena giving her a nasty look.

"We have to clear her airway..." Simon said, moving his hands towards Sam's nose which Theo quickly slapped away.

"Quit it!" he snapped, continuing his focus on Sam, wrapping an arm around her shoulder gently.

"Hey! I got this. Chill out," Simon said calmly, turning back to Sam and holding up three fingers, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

Sam took a deep breath, looking over at Theo and back at Simon, "Three," she mumbled.

"See? She's fine-"

Before Simon could finish, Sam gagged, coughing and vomiting blood all over Simon's white shirt, some hitting Theo and Deena's shoes.

"Oh, my god!" Kate said, clapping her hand to her mouth.

"Oh. Ugh!" Simon exclaimed, backing up in disgust as he looked at his shirt, finally getting back up to his feet. "What the fuck!"

The police along with Sheriff Goode and an ambulance had now arrived which was taking away Sam on a stretcher, loading her into the back of the ambulance and away to the hospital. Theo watched as the ambulance drove away, the boy standing on the side of the road with his arms crossed, waiting for his turn to be interrogated by the Sheriff just like all the others had done previously.