I | Starting Line

THE STRONG AROMA OF COFFEE AND TEA took over your sense of smell as you made your way around the bar, accompanied with the sound of smooth jazz and the usual sounds of the café such as the distinct chatter and the occasional scrape of pen to paper. It was a relaxing day per usual of your life as a barista.

You are a college student studying for your arts who somehow has a lot of time on her hands to be hired as a barista and being a ballet dancer — only self-taught of course. Normally students in your position would've been struggling but somehow you managed to do it as if it was nothing but paper.

To be honest, you do struggle and procrastinate quite a lot — you lied, there's a lot of times, but somehow you had made you way through it and got your daily expenses to live off on your own and yet it never seemed enough. You weren't one to complain but occasionally, you still do.

You sighed, gently wiping the sweat from your forehead as you wiped one of the tables wishing to go home and do your routine of doing a round of ballet or reading manhwa's. You wouldn't lie if you say that you like your part-time job and your choice of strand but you kind of wanna be lazy sometimes. The thought alone makes you sigh.

"Hey, girlie! Your shift's over, you can go home now!"

"Thanks Ajax, I'll finish this up first before packing up."

Ajax was another part-time employee such as yourself, having come from Russia was something you chose not to believe considering that they have quite a handful of good universities there but he choose to go to Korea instead. Well, Russia isn't that far from Korea but it must've take such effort to go here.

After putting up your apron and looking around the café you noted that your shift is finally done. With a wave goodbye and a smile you left the café.

The keys dangle from your hands as you pried open the door to your apartment, it was a decent apartment that overlooked the city somehow it was a good place for something that's affordable for you. It's the symbol of your hard work. The modern furniture and placements was always a refreshing sight to see, the spacious room to your left that's dedicated to your own ballet sessions and the rooms to your right where the living room and the bedrooms are.

Placing the keys on the countertop, you flopped down the couch and let out another huge sigh of the day, assessing what you need to do for the rest of the day to keep yourself productive. After all, it was only 5 pm.

Wait, what date is it today?

You looked over to your watch and see that it was the release of another episode of the "Who Made Me A Princess".

You scrambled up to fish out the phone from your pocket and began to open the app, eagerly looking for the new update.

As you read through, you couldn't help but smile; taking in the art-style and the smallest of details that were present in each panel, it makes you yearn for more and more as you read in every other manhwa.

The plot, the characters, all were very charming and had you wrapped around their fingers, it was no wonder your standards in men are very high — better yet, every other people.

Especially how you've managed to hit rock bottom for falling over a certain Emperor.

You liked him in a way that his problems related of your own, minus the having a child part. Having been shunned by his family due to different origins and different beliefs and strengths, you knew they were intimidated by his power and his ruthlessness as a child but they should have made the effort of trying to coax him into being a part of their family. But yet again, the parents were a bunch of dicks.

You sighed, why is the world so cruel to those who chose to be different?

And before you know it, the episode came to an end leaving another cliffhanger.

You clicked your tongue in annoyance, fate was already siding with Athanasia until she was struck by an unknown force from the amulet Jeanette gave her (which you knew belonged to that prick of a brother). After countless attempts of the young princess on trying to get through her father, he only sent death threats and orders to capture the poor girl. But what was intriguing is the name he keeps saying, said but redacted from the dialogues shown in the panels he said.

Either way, they might be revealed in the next chapter who knows.

To get your mind of the current situation, you decided to go to your studio and do a round of ballet.

This time, you'll try to go through the Giselle solo you've been practicing for since a week ago.

" in order to be giselle,

you must feel the passion of dancing, the innocence in love 

and the cruel betrayal of the man who once called himself yours. "