VI | Skepticism

A SHIFT IN THE AIR was the reason you've awoken from your slumber, the patches of fur were gone from your small figure as you slowly sat up from the cold tiled floor. You didn't seem to mind the cold for a small bit until goosebumps now formed in your skin. Your hands went to gently rub your eyes as it adjusted to the light, taking note of how the sun hasn't risen yet it must've been so early in the morning making you yearn for more sleep.

Then you feel a presence just behind you along with the soft padding of paws hitting the marble floors, a low baritone voice echoing after.

"You seem to have awoken, my lady," said the voice, "I'm afraid you must transfer to your bed, sleeping on the floor is bad for one's back."

Only a small hum escaped you lips and you groggily stood on your feet slightly stumbling at your position trying to register the environment around you, then you decided to look behind you to see who has awoken you, seeing another pair of amber eyes staring back at you. There was no malice, nor threat only comfort and the aura of ease.

It took you a little while to process what the hell was happening until your mind clicked.

Did the lion just...

As if reading your mind, the lion gently shook his head, chuckling at your bewildered reaction.

"Yes, I can talk." Short and curt, simple words left it's lips naturally as how a human would do.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Out of panic you tried your best to find a weapon to hold close to you, that being a candelabra and held it in front of you as if to threaten the animal in case it advances further and decides to chop you head off. Albeit unsteady with your footing, you still manage to hold the said 'weapon' in front of you while you tried to process what was happening.

A lion, talking. A lion is talking, what is this Narnia? Did he eat you while you were sleeping and now you're in heaven? Or are you being delusional. First you have a snob of a father, snob staff — what else, a talking puppy?

"Mind your words, young miss. The sun has yet to rise. You do not wish to wake anyone yet, no?"

If your head wasn't in the right mind, you might've mistaken him for threatening you. You would scream for everyone to hear, but how long will they take until they get here only to see yourself in your own pool of blood and possibly this big animal can take them down in one swift motion. So in short, you're alone to fend for yourself. But you were tired, and you need sleep. You just want to sleep, literally.