XII | Too Soon, I

listen to "Time Twogether" by Franz Gordon
to enhance the reading experience.

check lover' oath. playlist in my bio.

"YOU ARE TO BE SENT TO A PRESTIGIOUS ACADEMY TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR STUDIES."

You could hear your heart shatter from hearing the words that were uttered past the Clovis's heir's mouth. You couldn't believe your ears. Was he really keeping you from seeing those whom you've befriended in this world away from you? And for what, to be his ideal heir that will soon take over Clovis' name?

Suddenly all you could see was red, you were furious. You were doing fine, you kept your end of the bargain. How did it come to this where you are to be sent away in less than three days. Aslan was doing alright in tutoring you as well as the governess who came in for your daily studies. Hell, even the Empress came in to lend you a hand with your studies and tutor you from time to time even if she had to manage her role as the Empress.

Then you voiced out your thoughts.

"What did I do to them!? I did all that you've asked."

Kalist's eyes were hard, stern, and calculating as he kept your gaze. Did he feel no remorse for his daughter? Was he too self-centered that all he could think about was the future of this family?

"His Imperial Highness has sent a recommendation to send you to an academy that needs your intelligence, it is by his order. I am merely carrying out an instruction."

"But that doesn't explain why I have to leave!"

"Silence."

His voice boomed across the walls of his study, the air suddenly turned to chill making you huff under your breath. You still have your resolve, you can turn the tides. No matter what you need to get this reality away from its doom. Just the thought of leaving the two princes alone to themselves sends a shiver up your spine. They may be tamed, but it's only a matter of time before the two will turn against each other.