Chapter 6

“W-wa! Where am I!” Junkyu said, rising quickly as he found himself in an unknown white room. The walls, floor, and furniture were all white, creating a very confusing camouflage. Especially when Junky got out of bed and hit his legs on a piece of white furniture that blended in with the floor. 

“Ack!” Junkyu cried out, leaning over to rub his shins. He saw no windows and no doors, finding himself trapped in a white void. Junkyu felt his right eye twitch, fear rising and his stomach curdling as his mind tried to fill out the void with thoughts. 

“Where is the plant?”

“Did they kill the plant?”

“Am I stuck here forever?” 

“What will they do with me?” 

“Slam!” a door cried out, opening violently to the right of Junkyu, scaring him so much he tripped and fell over more white hidden furniture. 

“Ow,” he moaned out, feeling his elbows hurt from being slammed onto the corner of a nightstand, or what he thinks is a nightstand. 

“Oh I’m sorry, are you alright?” a science-looking person said, wearing safety goggles and a lab coat. He rushed over to Junkyu and gave him a head pat while cooing at him. “I hope you didn’t break a bone or anything,” the person said. 

“Can’t you check me though?” Junkyu questioned. Then another science-looking person walked in, wearing a lab coat and safety goggles. 

“We’re scientists not doctors, those fucking nerds” the second person, rolling his eyes while looking at a clipboard. 

“Jihoon, that's not very nice,” the scientist next to Junkyu said, frowning cutely. 

“But Hyunsuk, he has a point, doctors are nerds, obsessed with humans instead of learning new things,” a third scientist said, strolling in casually with a fourth scientist in tow. The four scientists all wore identical outfits, and the lab coats were blending a bit too much in the white background for Junkyu’s comfort. 

“Yedam you’re so smart, like the human body, barely has anything important in it,” the fourth scientist said to the third scientist. Everyone but the fourth scientist cringed at the statement, feeling worried. Hyunsuk leaned in forward to Junkyu. 

“That's Doyoung, FYI he’s not the smart one here, we're not sure how he got hired” Hyunsuk warned. Junkyu nodded, understanding a bit better. 

“Okay anyway,” Jihoon said, turning his attention away from Doyoung and to Junkyu. “You’re the person who was able to obtain the Plant of Aphrodite, you lucky bastard,” Jihoon said. Hyunsuk rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed. 

“What's so great about a plant that touches you, I bet it doesn’t feel good,” Hyunsuk retorted. 

“Bet I can make you feel good instead,” Jihoon said, winking. Hyunsuk blushed, covering his face and clearly flustered by the comment. Yedam watched with apathy and a hint of disgust, while Doyoung scribbled on his clipboard. 

“It still astonishes me that we don’t have an HR department,” Yedam said bluntly. 

“Yeah, it would be amazing to have hot dogs and ranch department, '' Doyoung said, still looking at his clipboard. Yedam's eyes go wide, seemingly shocked by the odd statement. 

“Can you guys tell me why I am here!” Junkyu cried out, interrupting the scientist’s conversation. 

“It's rude to interrupt,” Doyoung said quietly, pouting a bit. Junkyu rolled his eyes, wanting answers and not useless comments.