All Fear the Freak (Part 1)

I was pacing around the room. This is nuts. Why are we breaking into Town Hall again? We could do it during the day when the mayor wasn't inside. For heaven's sake, Fred's his son! It wouldn't be suspicious!

I jumped at the knock on my door. Daphne peeked in. "We meet at midnight," she said. I gave her a nod of confirmation, and we both got ready.

Luckily, with the Blake's mansion being so big, walking out the front door was easy. We walked outside to Town Hall in silence. "Why didn't you tell us about Angel?" she asked me quietly. A stab of guilt ran through me. "It wasn't my secret to tell," I said simply, managing to keep my voice even. "I understand. But we're your friends, your best friends. You shouldn't-,"

"Not only are you my best friends, but you're also my only friends," I interrupted her. "You guys are my family. I wanted to tell you, Velma and I argued about it all night when we found out. She wanted to give Angel the benefit of the doubt and let her tell you on her own. I wanted to tell you guys that morning. But it was a secret we found together, so a decision had to be made together."

"For how much you and Velma didn't like each other, you two are acting rather close," she snipped. I rolled my eyes. "Hence why we argued."

We left it at that. I could tell she had forgiven me but was just having trouble accepting that I actually kept a secret from her.

We finally made it to Town Hall, where Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma were already waiting. Shaggy handed me a hot chocolate from Chen's they had gotten and tucked me under his arm.

We hadn't talked about me keeping Angel's secret from him, and I was hoping we wouldn't ever. I didn't want to lose him, not now and not ever. We all sat together, waiting for Fred. Finally, at a quarter past midnight, we saw him walking to us.

"Fred," Daphne said, relieved as she ran up to hug him. "We were getting worried."

"Like, where's the Mystery Machine?" Shaggy asked as we stood up from the stairs. "Yeah," Scooby added. "I left it at home in case my dad woke up," he explained with a deep frown as he took out the keys to Town Hall. "I'm still not happy about all of this."

"We're just going to check out his office," Velma assured him, taking the keys. "Fine. But I know he's not involved in the cursed treasure or the Planospheric disk, no matter what Pericles says."

"If you ask me, we should be investigating Angel. She's the one that's been hiding secrets," Daphne said, emphasizing the last word. But she didn't look at me, only Velma. "Subtle," she deadpanned. "I thought we were over this."

"Like, you did choose Angel over us," Shaggy piped up. "It wasn't our secret to tell," I murmured, but it fell on deaf ears. "Oh, really? Like how you chose Scooby over me?" Velma snapped at him.

They both looked offended, and Shaggy looked ready to argue, but Fred put a stop to it. "Enough," he snapped, looking exhausted from all the bickering. "Let's just get this done."

So, we walked up the stairs with Fred and Daphne trailing behind us. Once we entered Town Hall, we quickly made it to Mayor Jones's office.

"Okay, gang, fan out. We're looking for... Well, I'm not sure. Something," Velma told us. So, we split up and looked for anything that could link Mayor Jones to the cursed treasure.

Suddenly, I heard Shaggy and Scooby gasp, followed by what sounded like glass shattering. I whipped around to see a secret compartment sticking out of the mayor's desk, and a scroll of paper sticking up from it.

"Guys, I think I found something," Velma said, walking to the compartment. Shaggy, Scooby and Fred stood up, and Daphne and I joined them around the compartment. Velma opened the scroll, and on it was a drawing of a gold disk. It was the Planospheric disk.