The Night the Clown Cried (Part 2)

"Boyfriend?! That guy?" Fred exclaimed. They had driven to the Bloody Stake in record time when Velma announced her new relationship. Shaggy was too scared to ask about Ellie. "No way. He's too handsome. And what is that weirdo doing with her hands?!" Fred was exclaiming.

"He's holding them, Fred. It's what boyfriends do with girlfriends," Velma explained. "Well, let me see those binoculars, Fred," Shaggy said, and took them out of Fred's hands. "Like, is it me, or does that dude look a lot like that famous actor from all those 'Dusk' movies? What's his name?" he asked. "Baylor Hotner," Scooby told him. "Yeah, the one with the amazing abs who plays the were-turtle."

"It looks like Baylor Hotner because it is Baylor Hotner. He's in Crystal Cove doing research for the latest 'Dusk' movie. 'Dusk 4: Still Dusk'," Velma explained.

"Yeah? I got something he can research," Fred said menacingly, and he walked out of the van into the middle of the road, with no regard for the cars racing by and honking at him.

The rest of the gang watched as he leaned against the window, and weas kneeling by the door as Daphne and Baylor walked past him. They handed him something and climbed into a car and drove off.

The gang joined him as he stared in despair after his now ex-girlfriend. "She didn't recognize me," he said breathlessly. "I'm sorry, Fred. You broke her heart. She moved on," Velma explained. "Without me," Fred said sadly, and looked down.

Shaggy sighed, and also looked down. "What about Ellie?" he asked softly. At the mention of her, Fred and Velma shared a look. "I've seen her around town. But, um... Well, she's not good Shaggy. And I wouldn't even know where to start looking for her," Velma said, though that was a lie. She honestly just couldn't bring herself to look at what she'd become.

Fred sighed. "I know where she is. But, Shaggy, Scooby... Brace yourselves."

Fred pulled up to his house. On the outside, it looked totally fine. But he knew it was so much more different on the inside. "I've been camping out here for the past months. I guess my not-dad set up the rest of his savings to pay for the house for the next ten years or something," Fred explained as they walked to the door. He hesitated but opened the door and walked inside.

Pizza boxes, clothes, nets and different trapping gear was sprawled all around the house. "Ellie!" Fred called. There was a stumble, and a clang noise, then Ellie walked out of the kitchen. Velma wasn't surprised to see a bottle of alcohol in her hands. "Heyyyy Freddy boy," she slurred, her eyes narrow as though she had trouble seeing.

Shaggy couldn't believe what he was seeing. He usually soft cardigan was dirty and hanging partially off her shoulder, and her shirt had some rips and mud stains on them. Ellie stumbled over, though she paused and stared at Velma for a moment. "Velma!" she suddenly exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air. She smiled goofily and threw her arms around the girl. "Finally gonna take me up on that drinky drink?" she asked, holding up the expensive bottle of rum.

"No, Ellie. Look who's here," she said and gestured to a shocked Shaggy and Scooby. Ellie froze, and her eyes became unfocused. "They-they're not here," she said unevenly, and started backing away. "We're here, Ellie," Shaggy said softly, and took a step forward. "No, you're not! You're never here!" she suddenly shouted, and she rapidly backed away. She clutched her hair, and her knees started to shake violently.

"Oh no," Fred muttered, and he slowly approached her. "Hey, hey Ellie," he said softly. Her breathing was heavier, and she looked up at him. "They aren't here," she whimpered. "They left, they aren't coming back," she said. "No, Ellie. They're back," he said. "That's what you always say!" she suddenly lashed out. "I know, Ellie. I know. But look. They're actually here," he told her. "No, they're not," she whimpered, tears filling her eyes.