Chapter 26: Reward

You flew back up to the top of the castle where Doflamingo was. You landed behind him as he smirked and flexed his fingers, and an explosion was heard.

"Parasite string." 

You looked out at the kingdom of Dressrosa as more buildings were destroyed and the tragedy all those years ago began to repeat. You sighed as the Palace was lifted and dragged away from flower field. You watched silently at the chaos that was going around. Deciding you were bored, you flew into the sky, and summoned your feathers. 

You hardened them, and brought them down to the people who aren't being controlled by Doffy, the smaller feathers were impaled on some of the marine's head, making it easier for any more of Doflamingo's strings to find their targets. And with your feathers on them, you were also able to control their actions. 

While that was happening, the larger feathers were used to kill the toys who were turned back to humans. After all the years of hard work, to creating a illusion that Dressrosa was a perfect land, it was destroyed in a single day. 

The only time you panicked, was when he announced to the whole kingdom that it was a game to kill him. 

"I'm in the royal palace. I won't run or hide. If you take my life, the game ends there of course." He said as you stared at him in shock. You weren't that worried about anyone killing him, no civilians can do so. 

"But there is another way to finish the game. Here is how. Kill all the people i'm about to name now. Also, I will reward a large prize for killing each of them. kill or get killed. Everyone in this country will become hunters!"

You could sense the shock, fear, anger, and determination within the birdcage. 

"The only way for you to survive is to kill somebody!" He said as you looked out at the explosions erupting everywhere, setting fire to some of the buildings.

"Nobody's gonna come to help. Nobody can get out of this birdcage. You can't make contact with anyone out there. You'e all going to die and no one out there will know it. Your neighbors who are running wild will keep harming others randomly. Doesn't matter if it's their family or close friends or citizens they swore to protect." Doflamingo said and smirked.

"Even if you run or hide. There is no safe place in the cage. The terror of the birdcage will go on for days. It's a matter of what happens sooner. You all die or you finish the game. You can either kill me or side with the Donquixote family and punish the 12 fools who rebel against me." He said as you changed forms.

With your angelic form, you grew larger as you flew into the skies. You stopped half way up and summoning your feathers, You let them fall back to the island and struck random people. 

Next, you quickly changed to your chaos form, releasing poison at different locations, the people who ran in there, would die painfully.

"If you make the wrong decision, the game will not end. I'll pay 100 million berries for each star rating. There are the criminals of Dressrosa!" He said as every screen in Dressrosa flickered to show the pirates and a few others. But what you didn't expect was for the one who knocked out Sugar to be at the top. 

"F-FIVE HUNDRED MILLION FOR HIM?!"

You paused as one emotion hit you. it came from below, where you found the revolutionary army and Sugar at.

Shock. Extreme shock. 

He felt so shocked that it almost made you laugh. Then, excitement and greed.  

"Ah. They found him." You muttered as you landed besides Doflamingo.

"You have no time to wonder what to do. People are falling and towns are burning moment by moment. Either you kill me, or the 12 criminals! Now the game is on!" He said and laughed as the screens projected by transporter snails showed the 12 criminals and their star ratings all over Dressrosa.

He turned over to you as you stared at him. You knew what was coming. The name "D". Doflamingo defiantly doesn't like it. But surprisingly, he didn't say anything about it.

He simply glanced at you as you sighed and flew off, using your enhanced hearing to listen in on conversations.

"If we citizens all act together, maybe we can take down Doflamingo..." 

"It's not just him! In order to kill Doflamingo, we have to fight the 2,000 soldiers of the Doflamingo family!" One said as you smirked. 

"What are we supposed to do then? Even king Riku is in the 12 criminal list! Are we gonna do wrong by the innocent king again?"

You paused and hid behind a broken piece of a building next to them. 

"I think we don't have to kill them! We can just take them into custody! just 12 of them! We have no choice! Let's fight!" 

"Yeah!"

"You're right."

You blinked before stepping out and into their view.

"Y-you're..."

"Corazon!" 

"Thats me." You said looking at them. "By the way..." you started as they tensed up.

"Do you really think they would be easily brought into custody?" You ask as they glaned at each other.

"They all are strong. They could break out any time the want. The only choice is to kill them. Doffy is even offering money for each star! And not to mention, the 5 star is weak. He just have other people protecting him. Their one and two stars." You said as they paused and glanced at you before nodding to each other.

"Just the 12 criminals." One of them said as the others nodded. They ran off, and you sighed, flying back into the air again, watching everything happen.

Apparently, some of the people from the group split up and found the cyborg, but failed to kill or capture him. You expected nothing less.

You picked up your transporter snail, which have been ringing for a few seconds now, and answered it.

"Corazon. Come back to the palace." Doflamingo said form the other end. You nodded before answering with a "Alright." forgetting that he couldn't see you.

"I'll be right there."