The Unfolding

Looking at herself in front of the mirror, fixing her dress, looking at her back, before putting on a red lipstick, she smiled.

"Still hot at 40, Cher, still smoking."She said as she comb her hair for the last time and she softly giggled.

"Paulette, let's go!"She yelled as she grab her purse and in a blink of an eye, her best friend is already in front of her.

"Looking good, Cheralina."Paulette uttered while watching Cher put on her shoes and Cher hummed.

"I know, right. It's actually kinda surprising."Cher said and the two of them laughed.

Stepping out of the cab, immediately feeling the breeze of New York, the light coming from the signage illuminated from the short distance. She pulled her dress down before touching her fluffed up curly hair and they finally went in the place. They are greeted right away by the dimmed lights, indistinctive chatters, and of course the music.

"Cher, what are you getting?"Paulette asked as they sit by the bar and Cher licked her upper lip.

"I'll go with beer."Cher answered and Paulette just nodded before ordering their drinks.

"Okay, beer for the birthday girl."Paulette said after a few more moments and they both squealed.

"To being hot at 40!"Cher exclaimed before they made a toast and drank their beer.

"Oh God, that's good."Cher said after her first drink and they laughed.

Cher and Paulette drank beers, danced, and they are just having fun, celebrating Cher turning 40 which is a huge milestone.

"I'm just going to the ladies' room, you coming?"Paulette asked after she finished another bottle of beer and Cher shook her head.

"I'll just wait for you here."Cher answered before once again sipping on her bottle.

"Okay, I'll be back."Paulette said and Cher just nodded.

Cher looked around the place as she sip on her beer and she stopped when a man with a dark hair and sharp jaw caught her eyes. She slowly ran her lips on her upper lip as she look at him from head-to-toe. She stared at his plumpy lips as the beer bottle's lips meet his.

"Hey, Cherilyn."A voice called her all of a sudden that made her snap out of her thoughts.

"Paul,"Cher called for her all of a sudden and she hummed.

"Paul, don't look now,"Cher started and Paulette slowly nodded with a hum.

"Don't look now, over my right shoulder, there's the cutest guy that I have ever seen."Cher said and Pauly's forehead crease before she stood up.

"Paulette, what are you doing?"Cher asked when Pauly is out of her seat and Paulette looked at her before looking at the people that are near them.

"Is it that one?"Paulette asked as she point to the man Cher is referring to and Cher quickly hit her arm before pulling her back to her seat.

"Oh, my God, Paulette, are you crazy?"Cher asked almost a shout and Paulette laughed.

"He is cute, and he didn't notice me, relax."Paulette said and Cher quickly looked at the man before looking back at Pauly.

"He is kinda looking at us, Paulette."Cher said and Paulette looked at the man.

"Oh, yeah, he is looking at us."Paulette said and Cher did a facepalm.

"I think we need to leave."Cher uttered and Paulette once again looked at the man.

"He's walking towards us, Cher."Paulette said that made her eyes go round.