Ch. 17

Blair's POV:

"Thank you." I say as i eat the slices.

"Hm... Blair.. Question, How's it like being a greaser?" Jacki asks looking at me intensely.

"Uh.. Great question. Well i hate it, if i'm being frank with you. I have vision that one day i'll live a peaceful life here. Here in... Tulsa. With someone special." I say zoning out a bit then looking at her.

"I feel the same way. My brother he's one of the biggest asshole socs there is." Jacki says, "But don't get me wrong he knows how to make it rumble. And so does that one gorgeous greaser, Name is Dallas i think. totally not my type but totally hot. Buttt He's my brothers biggest rival."

"yeah he is tough one. he's a familiar greaser for sure." I say smiling.

"I would like to befriend the greasers. but with all these rumbles going on and on going rivalry. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon." Jacki says rolling her eyes.

"Hmph.. Does your brother know?" I ask looking at her raising my eyebrows.

"Know what?" she asks confusedly.

"That you want to befriend the greasers." I tell her laughing.

"Oh god no. he would kill me if i even touched on that subject." She saids disappointingly..

"Yeah, my brothers would kill me. I've have a lot of bad blood with some socs and not because i've caused none of it.. it's really bad, bad stuff they've done to me." I say looking down. "Not all socs are like that though. Like you.. Thank you for your kindness but i should really get going."  I say smiling and giving her hug, walking out.

"Hey! what if i walked you home?" She say looping her arm around mine.

"Jacki. No." I tell her scoffing, thinking she's joking.

"Cmon please. Don't be embarrassed or anything... I just want you to be safe" Jacki says practically begging me.

"It's fine maybe another time. Look here's my house phone.. call me anytime. Hang up immediately if you hear a guy voice. I would love to hang out with you again Jacki. Thank you again for everything." I say hugging her and shivering as i step outside.

"Well here." Jacki takes ajacket off the coat hanger next to the front door. "It's really chilly out so here put this on."

"Um whose is this?" I say holding the jacket in my hand.

"My brothers.. he has way more so just take it and be careful Blair." She said laughing and smiling at me.

I start walking and putting the jacket on.

As much as i hate going home. I have to, i hate causing trouble really. I just wanna go straight into my room, sleep and pretend my life doesn't exists.

......

I get to the house and it's night time. really late Yeah let's hope everybody's home and sleeping. 

I turn the knob the doors locked. Unusual. I knock.

Two bit opens the door. "WOAH who are you? Wrong side of town baby." Steve right behind him

"Yuck Two . Don't you ever talk to me like that. Ever in your life. again." I say in disgust waiting for them to let me in.

"BLAIR!!!???" Pony saids making his way thru the door.

"In the flesh." I say tiredly.

"Come on innnnn." Two bit saids with a smirk.

"Blairanova." Darry saids looking at me shockingly.

"Well. it looks like you guys weren't looking for me at all." I say surprised.

"A girl had called telling us you were coming home. Johnny answered and ran to find us to tell us. So we stayed home waiting for you, you know locked the door in case we were getting set up." Soda said looking at me and rubbing his eyes.

"What did they do to my kid sister?" Pony said looking at me so weirded out

"Jacket. Whose jacket?" Dally said walking in thru the front door. Cig in his mouth.

"And im wondering the same thing." Darry says crossing his arms, trying to seem normal and cordial.

"What does it matter to y'all? It's just jacket." I say while just trying to finish this conversation.

Steve's goes to smell it. "It smells like expensive cologne and cigarettes." Steve said backing up knowing things are about to heat up.

"Dial it down, It's my friend brothers jacket." I said while yawning. "Please. Pleaseee let me sleep. I'm beyond tired."

I walk upstairs, just instantly blocking out any sound in my ears. Just focusing on not to let a tear fall down my face. I hate being lied to.