Ch. 10

Blairanova POV-

I started to pretend to sing like if I was in shower. When I mean actually pretended that I was in the shower I PRETENDED.

"I'm sorry, so sorry." I sang deeply than I rose voice up and sang, "That I was such a fool..!"

I started to strut down the couch using a comb as microphone.

"I didn't know.. that love can be so cruel," I sang holding my hand in a fist against my chest.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, yes," I sang smiling.

I started to dance and then finish.

Cheering snapped me back to reality. I opened my eyes.

"I think I fell in love." Steve said clapping.

"Make that two of us." Two bit said crying wiping tissues on his face.

I saw Pony and Johnny tearing up in the corner.

The rest of them were just cheering and whistling.

I saw Dallas scoff then grin and clapped slowly. That immediately made me smile.

"Thank you, thank you." I said bowing.

Soda and Steve helped me off the couch. We just enjoyed the rest of our time.

We all went home it was 2:00 morning, Pony fell asleep but I didn't. Johnny tried to carry him but then I ended up doing it halfway to the house. Then, Darry took over. All the boys offered to carry me but rejected all of them.

I hugged everyone and they said happy birthday again individually.

I hugged Dally and he said, "I hope you had good birthday."

"Thanks" I said to who never fails to make me smile.

"Ciao everyone I'm going to bed," I told everyone waving goodbye.

We got the house but I went go to bed.

I knew that night that the rumble was gonna be 4 weeks from now.

"Maybe I'll ask Darry to train me to protect myself for these 4 weeks so I can go to the rumble." I said smiling cause it was a perfect plan.

The next morning, I went to Darry and asked, "Hey Dar, may you please train me to defend myself..?"

"Why.!.?" He answered.

"What if something happens, I want to be prepared," I said leaning on the side of couch.

"I don't know, Blair." Darry said shrugging.

"Oh cmon Dar," I said shaking him.

"Fine. But this for in case not so you can go out since you know you can defend yourself," He saids crossing his arms.

"Yeah yeah. Thanks." I told him kissing his head.

For these next weeks, I just was training doing everything learning to dodge and swing. I practiced on Steve and knocked him out cold actually. But only bump on his head. Darry even brought his old taekwondo teacher who is now his friend to teach me for the next two weeks that were left. I made so much progress that they said that I could probably win 3 boxing matches under 45 mins.

It was the night of the rumble.

"I was wondering can I just sit in the car and watch to act as aid..?" i said grinning trying to win him over.

"I don't th-." Darry said shaking his head.

I cut him off and exclaimed, "I'm not gonna get out of the car for nothing."

"Fine. Just get in the car." Soda said answering for Darry.

We got at the meet up place. The shepherds gang showed up then buc and his crew showed up next. Nice cars started pulled up some girls in the car. The socs came out one by one. I saw one of the girls in the car kind of look like a greaser but tried to pull of the 'Soc' look, it was odd.

The socs standed there for a couple of secs one of them tried to speak but Two bit cut them off with.. "no bark, lets bite."

They all started fighting. It wasn't getting bad , they had under control for now. I was so focus that didn't see someone approach the car. Then, I got startled when the girl banged the roof of the car.

"Hey, remember me." The girl yelled.

It was girl who hurt me, scarred me, let someone almost rape me.

In that moment I felt so much rage that it hurt. My adrenaline started pumping. A month ago I was weak and naive. But I'm a better me now and tonight I'm gonna prove it.