CHAPTER ONE

"Where do I start?"

Lance asked himself this often. Whether that was when the kids asked him on help with their homework. Or when Keith asked him how his day at work was which was a different story no one wanted to get into. But right now he was asking himself this famous question "Where DO I start?"

FLASHBACK TO 2006 November 16
Lance jolts awake from the bed that him, Shiro, and Keith share after hearing three bangs on his door and the door bell ringing nonstop.
Lance crawls out of the bed ever so slowly going to the kitchen to grab a knife for the worse case scenario. Why didn't he wake up Keith or Shiro he didn't know. As he slowly creeped to the front door looking through the window first. He saw a baby carrier one no THREE. A figure dressed in all black looked around when seeing lance in the window they started sprinting away. Lance quickly went to the door yelling "HEY STOP! GET BACK HERE!" He then tired running back to the bedroom trying to at least get a pic of the License plate on the black car the person ran to. Once backwards in the room lance grabbed his phone as quick as he could running back outside only getting a blurry pic of a license plate and getting a glimpse of a caramel skinned women with brown curly hair. Lance didn't know what to do. He was stuck. What happens now. "Babe what's going on?" Keith said coming into the living room walking up to Lance seeing the distress in his eyes. Keith then picks up two carriers the babies not even crying from the whole experience. Soon walks in Shrio wiping the sleep out of his eyes looking at his boyfriends. While lance in disbelief with the other carrier in his hand. Tears started running down his face but why. "What the hell just happened?!" Shiro asked shocked
"I- Where do I start?"

It's been a whole hour since the situation happened. Lance told his boyfriends what happened from beginning to end him trying to replay ever minute as if it was an hour. Once he was done Lance started pacing around the living room while Shrio tried to calm him down. Keith had just left to get some things for the babies: diapers, formula, other baby things the three weren't the best with babies considering they've never had any. "Shiro I just don't understand how could anyone just do that. They don't even know us we could have been anybody. Plus it's the middle of the night in November what would have happened if I didn't wake up. Those babies could have gotten hypothermia or worse DIED." Lance rambled he was freaking out. "Baby it's ok look we'll go to the police station in the morning and try to get this figured out. But you freaking out won't do anything but scare me and the kids now come sit it's ok I'm here." Shiro says as he plants a kiss on the top of Lance's head once he's sitting.

Once Keith came back the three decided to try and feed the babies then get them to bed. Trying to call someone to help teach them how to mix formula was pointless. It was 2:00 in the morning and none of there parents would have been awake. Yes Lance use to have to take care of his little siblings but never this young. So YouTubing was the best thing. "I'll go make some formula you guys stay here with them." Lance said going on to the kitchen grabbing his phone watching a video and executing it to the best of his ability. When coming back in to the living room. Lance found Keith and Shrio playing peak a boo with the babies causing them to giggle and laugh. This brought a smile to Lance's face. He proceeded to give a bottle to Shrio as well as Keith. Leaving a bottle for himself. Once he sat down he was finally able to really just take in what the babies really looked like. They were beautiful they all had gorgeous dark brown hair. Two of the babies had two dark hazel eyes while the other had one eye that was hazel while the other was a dark blue. The babies eagerly drink the milk slowly closing their eyes. "Well that was easier than I thought." Shiro said picking up the baby gently holding them. "Wait wait we have to burp them and don't get me stared about changing their diaper." Lance remarked as he put the baby on the couch for a sec to go grab some towels. The video helped more than you think. "This could get messy." Lance says not looking excited but giggling a little. "Well that wasn't a complete mess." Lance says. "I know you two have work in the morning I'll change their diapers and sleep with them in the guest room." Lance says coming up to his boyfriends expecting them to give him the babies. "This is a team effort babe." Keith said looking at Lance. "Yeah we'll take off tomorrow this is something that should help bring us together. None of us are going to be alone during this." Shiro joins in. "You guys are right. I love y'all." Lance says trying not to wake the babies.

"Finally done." Lance said looking proud of himself and his boyfriends. The babies had clean diapers and were full and now they are resting peacefully on their bed.
"Lance you need to see this." Shiro said from the living room. Lance and Keith look at each other. "Coming" Lance said while Keith stayed with the little ones.

"It's a note for you" Shiro handed the note to me then going back to our room with Keith. I sat at on the couch opening the letter.

To: Lance
From: Your older sister.
Lance you may not know me but I know you. I want to start by saying you are now the legal guardian of my three babies. Love them treat them like your own. Whatever you do don't mention me to them. All the legal documents are in your mailbox. When your done reading this I will already be in a mental hospital. I could barley take care of myself and I want my children to have a better life than I did. If you want to know more come visit me ALONE. The address is *** ******* *** I know that you may be worried but don't be I trust them with you and your wonderful boyfriends. Name them as you please but I would love if you named the baby girl after the women who took me in her name was Astrid.
Sincerely yours,
Valentine

"Guys I don't think we need to go to the police station anymore."