CHAPTER 6

It's Friday morning in the McClain house. Ariel was up early that morning making it her goal to find something cute for school today to impress a certain someone before the party that night. She had been up that morning doing her morning routine even putting on some light makeup. She loved to correlate her outfits with her mood and today she felt like her feet would never touch the ground.

A short and sweet knock was heard on Ariel's door causing her to whip her head to the side. "Can I come in" she heard her mom's voice say lowly. "Yeah Mama, you're good" Ariel yelled a little louder than needed "Good morning fireball" Lance said while walking into his daughter's room and taking a seat onto her bed. "Morning Mama." Ariel's voice came out monotone as she tried carefully to put on the finishing touches on her mascara. "Great way to greet your mother. Who may I remind you raised you for 15 years of your life." Lance said rolling his eyes sarcastically "Sorry mama i just want everything to go perfectly today" Ariel then put everything down as she said that. Getting up from her vanity to take a seat by her mom leaning her head on his shoulder. "Baby. Don't let a chance at love count you out for so much more. You're such a beautiful soul, I love you more than words can express. You can always count on your mama to be in your corner." Lance then signaled for Ariel to give him a hug which she did. They stayed there for a moment before Ariel's phone buzzed on her night stand.

"ITS BLUE!" Ariel yelled right onto her mama's ear "WHO" Lanced yelled back "Blue the girl Mateo showed you at dinner last night." Ariel said getting a confused look from Lance his mama brain was fried after the yelling "ughhhh" Airel huffed as she pulled up her insta once again. Ariel decided to pick the photo of Blue in her basketball uniform most likely on media day. " oh yeah she is a cute young lady." Lance said as he reached out for the phone Ariel couldn't do anything but agree with her mom. Blue had an athlete build, she was about half a foot taller than Ariel standing at 5'9. Her hair was sister locked with it reaching her mid back that she kept in a messy bun on her head most days. Ariel couldn't dismiss her from her mind. "Mom I love you but no what if you accidentally like it or worse...COMMENT. You know how you get." Lance put a hand to his chest dramatically "I would NEVER!" Lance then side eyed his daughter causing them both to bust out in laughter. "WHY ARE YOU GUYS YELLING!" Mateo said standing in his sister's doorway Cas not far behind him still wiping the sleep from his eyes. The two boys walked into the room Mateo jumping onto Ariel's bed and Cas taking a seat in one of the beanbag chairs sitting in the corner of her room. "I was just reminding Mama of Blue" Ariel then shoved the phone into Mateo's face "I can't even comprehend English this early in the morning let alone a picture" Mateo said "ugh never mind then-" and before Ariel could get a sentence out good "Wait sis are you even following Blue cause why did you like this photo of her" Mateo then sat up and now everyone in Ariel's room was surrounding her phone.

" AHHHHH WHAT DO I DO!!" Ariel yelled at what sounded like the top of her lungs waking the last two of the family they both looked at each other before racing up the stairs "WHAT what is it" Keith shouted the room was huddled in a circle at this point now. "Well any ideas...please" Ariel was now on the verge of tears but her makeup took way too long. *BUZZ BUZZ* "shhhh.... She texted" Ariel said "No one was talk-" Mateo tried to get our before everyone in the family collectively shushed him "well... OPEN IT" Cas finally spoke "Ok ok hush..wait Dad do it for me " Ariel looked up at her dad with pleading eyes "Woah wait why me" Shiro tried to oblige but Lance gave him the coldest stare he had ever seen so he had no choice to grab the phone and open the text...

BLUE ❣️

-Good morning Beautiful, I hope you slept well. Have the best morning.

-P.S. if you wanted to see me this morning you could've just asked. I promise I don't bite. ;)

- 1 attached image

" Sooo what does the picture look like?" Ariel asked eagerly "Oh no. I'm not opening that baby girl" Shiro told her handing the phone back to Ariel who quickly tried to hand it off but no one would take it. "Fine since you all want to leave me in the dust... I'll open it myself" the last part of Ariel's sentence was barley audible as she tapped her phone it revealing the photo. Her family stood in front of her as they waited for the reveal of what she opened. Ariel's face turned beat red. It wasn't like it was something bad it was just a pic of Blue flashy her pretty white teeth with a smoothie in her hand. Her picture had text on it that read 'rate the fit'. Ariel would give the fit 10s across the board of course but she had to sound cool. So she needed her family's input on one last thing before she let them get ready for their day.  "ok so the pic isn't that exciting" Ariel flipped the phone around so that everyone could now see the photo. "Your face sure does say other wise.." Mateo spoke out "Hush Mateo let your sister have her moment" Keith said he was barley awake through the whole experience. "Let me text her back for you" Cas said half way annoyed. He took the phone for a few seconds that felt like minutes to Ariel handing it back to her and walking out of her room. "So what did Cas say back?" Shiro said being the worried dad that he was.

BLUE ❣️

- Wow the fit is nothing less than a 10/10. I can't wait for tonight. P.S. no sneak peek for you you'll
just have to wait...

"Cas you are the best brother ever" Ariel said grinning from ear to ear.

———————————————————————

Ummm... so I'm back... :)

Long time no see